VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

O/T Got me a new old toy today

econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

O/T Got me a new old toy today Empty O/T Got me a new old toy today

Post by econopoor Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:46 pm

O/T Got me a new old toy today DSC09382-vi

O/T Got me a new old toy today DSC09387-vi

Well. I really got it last year while I was on my Chicago trip. My Uncle had this old Bally pinball machine in his basement. He said if I wanted it, load it up. So, off to Tennessee it went. Didn't have to ask twice. When I got it home I took it to a fellow that works on them and he went thru it and fixed a couple of problems. Got it working great. It took a while since he just worked on it in his spare time. Almost lost it in the floods that came in May. His shop got three feet of water in it. Luckily he got it out in time and got it on higher ground. Anyway, He just dropped it off and I'm playing that silver ball. It's a 1964 Bally 2 in 1. It was made in Franklin Park IL not far from where I used to live. I've had a few friends that worked for Bally over the years. Anybody else love these old pinball machines??

Duane in Tennessee.
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

O/T Got me a new old toy today Empty Re: O/T Got me a new old toy today

Post by Nightmoves Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:04 pm

Thats cool Duane.When I was on the way to your house Sat.I noticed a pinball museum.I-40 exit 152,Bucksnort.Dunno whats in there,never can tell.
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Post by econopoor Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:36 pm

That's the guy who fixed this one up for me. He had to close the store after the floods. This was in the shop and they moved it out the Saturday when the rains started. Glad he had the foresight to move it. It surely would have been lost. I hate he lost the store. He had a nice little snack shop with about 10-15 machines set up. He and his wife ran it. It was a cool place. He's still doing repair work, but from his house now.
    Duane.
    wylee
    wylee

Number of posts : 917
    Registration date : 2009-04-03

Post by wylee Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:27 am

nice..... ive got a buddy whos into those .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:42 am