VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Need Radiator for 67 ASAP looking for a drop it.

Donn
    Donn

Number of posts : 692
    Registration date : 2009-04-06

Need Radiator for 67 ASAP looking for a drop it. Empty Need Radiator for 67 ASAP looking for a drop it.

Post by Donn Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:52 am

Guys,
    I need a radiator asap, installed by Friday! Looking for something I can drop in with no "custom" fitting if possible.
    I read the older post "Radiator woes" but really did not see a totally drop in replacement unit, unless I missed it.

What I have: 67 Econo, radiator measures approx 18 in wide, 19 in high without bottom tank and 3 1/4 wide at top tank. top hose on pass side bottom on dr side.

I put the radiator sealant in a few weeks ago to stop a leak, yesterday developed a new leak, just under top tank. I have to have the truck for next weekend. I live on Long Island, NY

I saw that mike and someone else used a Champion Radiator. Do you guys know if they have what I need and how was their shipping. I am nervous about getting it on time but can't call them until tomorrow.

Not sure if I should just take it to a local guy and get it fixed. I would like a new one but I am really under pressure time wise.
    Also have to watch cost new vs local guy. The Champion has a reasonable price..

would appreciate your input..
    thx
    Donn

Need Radiator for 67 ASAP looking for a drop it. Empty Re: Need Radiator for 67 ASAP looking for a drop it.

Post by Guest Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:35 am

looks like you might get the original rad fixed locally. installing the rad i put in would be harder and take longer.

Need Radiator for 67 ASAP looking for a drop it. Empty Re: Need Radiator for 67 ASAP looking for a drop it.

Post by Guest Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:18 pm

I would go with the Champion.
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:10 pm

Ditto on the Champion!!!

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Need Radiator for 67 ASAP looking for a drop it. Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    Old Skool
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1306
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

Post by Old Skool Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:22 am

Installing one in a 351W conversion right now,,,, they "SAY AND SAID THEY WILL GUARANTEE 500 HSPWR????????) WILL SEE, and WILL SEE IF THEY STAND BEHIND THEIR WORDS???? VERY CLOSE to firing it up.
    PERSONALLY,, have a 4 row copper on its way here for my 302 conversion going on right now also,, and just got two more 4 row coppers for two more conversions I am doing, one with a printed 300 and an overdrive with 4spd column. I prefer the copper,, the bling is less of an issue,,, more cooling area than the Champion 4 row I am putting in,, and have a another aluminum radiator here that is fan nicked,, NO LEAKS,,, which you can have for the scrap price and freight if you want it??? BUT it also proves a point,,, its not leaking, but ALMOST,, so its junk in my eyes,, try and get it fixed???????? GOOD LUCK,, so much for my opinion of aluminum,,, have said it FOREVER,, better cooling on one, as to internal flow,, however the copper is less expensive, can be fixed, and more cooling surface area than the aluminum,,
    Vic

FIRST VAN CLUB IN THE UNITED STATES,,,,, ASSOCIATED VANS,,OCTOBER 1966,, NOT Newport beach,,, LOL

1961 Five Wndw
    1965 Five Wndw
    1965 Five Wndw Special
    1967 Five Wndw
    1964 Short
    1965 Short H/D
    1967 X-Tendo H/D
    1967 X-Tendo, H/D

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:38 am