VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

50th Anniversary Event

Bluelemon
    Bluelemon

Number of posts : 139
    Registration date : 2008-07-10

50th Anniversary Event Empty 50th Anniversary Event

Post by Bluelemon Sun May 23, 2010 11:17 pm

Fellow Econoline Owners,

I was recently contacted by the Assistant Marketing Manager - E-Series and E-Series Chief Engineer from the Ford Motor Company in Dearborn !

They are in the planning stages of a 50th Anniversary Econoline Event. They are trying to co-ordinate with the First 2011 Econoline comming off the assembly line the end of July. One of the shifts is Monday to Thursday; the other ends on a Wednesday.
    My input was that anything on a Wednesday or Thursday would limit attendance by many of us. They may not have control of the production date, but trying to work out a Friday or Saturday schedule, so as many as possible can attend.

Their plan is to have as many Econolines as possible and owners attend a Show in The Parking Lot and for a Plant Tour. A lunch was also mentioned.
    Age, condition and modifications of any and All Econoline is not limited.
    The Local Community and Media will also be in attendance.

Location will be the Ford Assembly Plant in Cleveland Ohio.; late July.

This is all the details I have at this time. As soon as a date is confirmed I will update.

I hope you share my enthusiasm, to be invited to this Historical Event,
    Bluelemon
    Bluelemon

50th Anniversary Event Empty Re: 50th Anniversary Event

Post by Bluelemon Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:43 pm

Sorry for the dealy, here is today's reply:

>>> Sorry for not contacting you sooner. We're working on the event now and you should be contacted from our event planner shortly. The main event date will be Thursday, August 12th.

Additionally, Ohio Assembly has offered to continue the event on Friday (they're off on that Friday and many employees are enthisiasts). Friday will be much more low-keyed, but will allow plant employees the chance to enjoy the celebration as well.

Looking forward to the event. <<<<<<
    Bluelemon
    Bluelemon

Post by Bluelemon Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:33 am

Got a call yesterday from the Event C0-0rdinator. We were on a Tour in Ontario ( VanFest warm-up) to the Guild where SuperVan is on display and the phone rang !
    I will be getting e-mail confirmation. Ford will be setting up a website for the 50th so everyone can see what's going on and register there...
    Bluelemon
    Bluelemon

Post by Bluelemon Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:57 pm

Todays Update.

A Media Producer is coordinating to be at the NATs in NY to video Econoline owners with their vans. These will be edited and may be used at the 50th Anniversary Event.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:39 am