VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+101
kmac
GregO
greenvan
jrdunn96
32dooscoop
Russell
caleboh
apedave
MelMalzahn
jimmyZ
Van crazy
whalemstr
hdewey
G-10 Ron
douglas_sisk
uante
292fan
billywhiskey
BoogieMann
OutofSight
mrkil
Billy Pilgrim
samsvan
Rust Bucket Retro
!6!
SKIDMARK
The Ronin
65EconoTime
VeronaVermin
Economan64
Vancy65
wideload
RF Man
Vannin Ken
A100 Wrench
TonyfromEngland
mnghost
Dirtstar1
troubledz
vrod64
SportVan
Joe Van
hutch73
campin'fool 2
Wheelie
vanny
Dingeldeins
kartrac3r
1040imp
Edoz
westcoastvanner
dodge man
vanman2
MisterDavid
kristuphir
CraigK
Schoessow
Corvanman
8Ball
CorvanDann
Barnabas
Daytona-Airbrush
66ThunderVan
dix
whopman
Linoman
SuperJason
Big Dog
Rayallen
Scott
Mike's_MysteryMachine
steviemonster
slowflapper
heretic
EconoCarl
Big W
Farmer
MarioWink
StuNami
Mr Hill Billy
donivan65
Stuntman
hotrodbeebe423
econopoor
Van Halen
pittsdriver
BvrWally
Optik
Vanish
Digz
itruns
lectricman
rustrocket84
DanTheVanMan
66BC
BILLS66
Nightmoves
G-Man
Hawkrod
Admin
105 posters

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com!

65EconoTime
    65EconoTime

Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2014-12-17

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 14 Empty Re: Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com!

Post by 65EconoTime Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:49 am

Hello All,

I have been a frequent follower of Vintage-Vans.com for years now. A great resource if not one of the best.

Now time to come clean... I have been waiting patiently for years to sign-up to the site, but would only do so if I was an owner of a Vintage Van/Truck. Well, that time has finally come and proud to say I'm the Owner of a 65 Econoline Pickup.

I look forward to talking and meeting you all and most importantly learning. Hopefully catch up with some of you in person at Events.

Anyway, finally glad to be here Officially as an Owner.

Rod
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 14 Empty Re: Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com!

Post by vanny Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:45 pm

Welcome Rod. Don't take years to post some pics of that Beauty!!! Looks Great in the avatar. Love the trim!!!

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:47 pm

Welcome to VV Rod. And yes please post pics when you' are able, we love pics here. Nice looking truck indeed. And of course you already know that you have come to the right place for help in all areas of vintage vans and trucks.
    65EconoTime
    65EconoTime

Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2014-12-17

Post by 65EconoTime Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:57 pm

Thanks vanny and Big W for the nice greeting, much appreciated! A few from the original builder in Cali.

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 14 E100A_zpsd665e3dd

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 14 E100B_zpsa7507601

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 14 E100D_zpsbde61eae
    Big W
    Big W

Post by Big W Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:29 pm

Very nice looking truck. cheers
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:55 am

Very nice ! And welcome to Vintage Vans.
    The Ronin

Number of posts : 18
    Registration date : 2015-01-01

Post by The Ronin Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:14 am

Happy new year to all of you vanners. I'm Claude and i live near Montreal in a small city call Richelieu in Quebec Canada. First of all i have to say that in my soul i always been a Mopar guy. My father was a Mopar technicians and mechanics. I own a Dodge Ramcharger 1977 (2 wheel drive) convertible and a Dodge Power wagon 1973 that i'm customising. For many years i swear by Mopar product...LOL. But last year i happen to have the opportunity to buy at a very good price a Ford Econoline (cargo) 1974, the model with 2 side doors. So i became a traitor to my brand...hahahhah! The truck was in very good condition with no rust at all just old paint burn by the son rays. It's king of beige color like the original paint for the cargo. You will be able to see my van next spring cause she play in a big american movie called : The Walk. The movie was filmed in Montreal but it's the story of Philippe Petit He is the man that walk between the WTC tower on a wire in 1974. My van has a 302 c.i. with headers, domed piston, 3 on a tree trans and 4:10 differential. It's burning tire with very high ease hahahha. I plan to put newer mechanis injection a automatic trans and higher gear cause right now it cost too much in gas to ride and that's why i bought the van. I dream about doing has much Van Fests and events that it would be possible. So can't wait to ride along with some of you. My first goal is to modified the power train and to go to the 43rd Van fest in Illinois...That's all for now...Have a great day and extraordinary year.
    The Ronin

Number of posts : 18
    Registration date : 2015-01-01

Post by The Ronin Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:22 am

If someone from Canada could help me go thru the step by step to get picture on this site by phone ..i could call that person i have a toll free programm for Canada. I'm very poor talented with computer and forum that is why i never registered but now i want to get out of my comfort zone..please help hahha
    SKIDMARK
    SKIDMARK

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2015-05-06

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 14 Empty Just another NOOB here, Skidmark

Post by SKIDMARK Wed May 06, 2015 6:27 am

Hi all, been truckin' since the mid 70's so not new to the life just new here. been away from the scene for a long time but seems like it's coming back quite a bit lately. I've had them all except early Chev. and late Dodge and now drive a 61 E-pickup and own a 63 Econoline panel but it's for sale.
    One thing that led me here was talk on F-book about a thread about someone installing a Mustang 2 type front suspension in an early Econoline so maybe one of you could point me to that ?
    Cool to be on a vanner page, ( never had those before ) cheers
    wideload
    wideload
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 1388
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

Post by wideload Wed May 06, 2015 8:01 am

Welcome to VV Skidmark !!!!! Here's a link to one of the builds that's being done.

https://vintage-vans.forumotion.com/t41435-bagged-1966-g-van-under-construction

If you'll put where Belleview is in your profile there might be some members here close to you.

Big W
    Big W

Post by Big W Wed May 06, 2015 7:24 pm

Welcome to VV Skidmark. Those mustang front end swaps on these econos are pretty sweet. Way out of my pay grade to even think of doing this. But I have saved all the pics just in case I get brave some day...lol. When you can, post some pics of your truck. weed love to see what your working on.
    Big W
    Big W

Post by Big W Wed May 06, 2015 7:26 pm

The Ronin wrote:If someone from Canada could help me go thru the step by step to get picture on this site by phone ..i could call that person i have a toll free programm for Canada. I'm very poor talented with computer and forum that is why i never registered but now i want to get out of my comfort zone..please help hahha
    Send me a PM and with your number and I will call and walk you through it. I know this is an old post, but if you still need help I can help.
    SKIDMARK
    SKIDMARK

Post by SKIDMARK Thu May 07, 2015 7:37 am

wideload wrote:Welcome to VV Skidmark !!!!! Here's a link to one of the builds that's being done.

https://vintage-vans.forumotion.com/t41435-bagged-1966-g-van-under-construction

If you'll put where Belleview is in your profile there might be some members here close to you.

Thanks for that link, it cleared up the one missing piece I needed to do the Mustang 2 swap.
    Don't know that I'll ever do it but now I now what to use.
    Gotta get this project done before I can rip into my E- Pup.....................
    Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 14 00810
    Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 14 00310
    Yeah, it's a cab over Beetle.  Shocked  
    But at least I'm driving my E-truck now. Very Happy
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Thu May 07, 2015 4:05 pm

WOW! Skidmark, that's one Beaudacious looking VDub!! Please promise you'll post pics or at least PM me some pics as this one moves along! That thing is Bad A$$! Twisted Evil

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    SKIDMARK
    SKIDMARK

Post by SKIDMARK Thu May 07, 2015 7:04 pm

vanny wrote:WOW! Skidmark, that's one Beaudacious looking VDub!! Please promise you'll post pics or at least PM me some pics as this one moves along! That thing is Bad A$$! Twisted Evil
    Thanks Vanny, probably the best way to keep up with this build is to ask to join my Facebook build page which gets updated regularly  at https://www.facebook.com/groups/577279455671581/
    !6!
    !6!

Registration date : 2015-06-17

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 14 Empty hey folks, 'nother newbie

Post by !6! Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:02 pm

this is a great site. i just picked up a 1965 chevy, been wanting another van for years! i had a 66 dodge ages ago but didn't have the skills or $ to do her justice. she was my daily driver, she never (rarely) let my down. here are some pics of the chevy when i got home. hadn't cleaned her out yet. well can't figure out the pics, i'll try again...
    wideload
    wideload
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 1388
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

Post by wideload Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:31 am

Welcome to VV !6!  !!!!  Nice looking van from what I can see in your avatar.

Maybe this will help with the pic posting. Once you figure it out it pretty easy.

https://vintage-vans.forumotion.com/t119-posting-pictures-using-forum-s-servimg

Big W
    Big W

Post by Big W Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:01 am

Welcome to VV !6!. Looks like a great van. You have come to the right place for any help you may need.
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:27 pm

I remember seeing that one for sale in our listings here. It looks like a survivor...brings back a lot of memories when you see these. Welcome and can't wait to see more pics!

!6!
    !6!

Post by !6! Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:09 pm

thanks guys! i'll check that link for the pics. i got the van in redmond oregon and drove (limped) it home. she has a bad overheating problem. i'm installing a waterpump and having the radiator recored.
    !6!
    !6!

Post by !6! Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:13 pm

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 14 Img_1619
    !6!
    !6!

Post by !6! Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:16 pm

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 14 Img_1620
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:49 am

Looks like you figured out the pics! When you copy the pic it automatically defaults to 800 pixels. There is a drop down arrow that you can change it to 640 pixels and it won't cut off the pic. Nice looking survivor! cheers

Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

Post by Joe Van Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:13 am

Congrats & Welcome To VV...!!!.. cheers "Great Score" And a Panel to also...Good Luck & Keep Us Posted... Smile

Post by !6! Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:18 pm

thanks for the tip on the pics! i'm looking forward to getting her back into shape!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:44 am