VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+101
kmac
GregO
greenvan
jrdunn96
32dooscoop
Russell
caleboh
apedave
MelMalzahn
jimmyZ
Van crazy
whalemstr
hdewey
G-10 Ron
douglas_sisk
uante
292fan
billywhiskey
BoogieMann
OutofSight
mrkil
Billy Pilgrim
samsvan
Rust Bucket Retro
!6!
SKIDMARK
The Ronin
65EconoTime
VeronaVermin
Economan64
Vancy65
wideload
RF Man
Vannin Ken
A100 Wrench
TonyfromEngland
mnghost
Dirtstar1
troubledz
vrod64
SportVan
Joe Van
hutch73
campin'fool 2
Wheelie
vanny
Dingeldeins
kartrac3r
1040imp
Edoz
westcoastvanner
dodge man
vanman2
MisterDavid
kristuphir
CraigK
Schoessow
Corvanman
8Ball
CorvanDann
Barnabas
Daytona-Airbrush
66ThunderVan
dix
whopman
Linoman
SuperJason
Big Dog
Rayallen
Scott
Mike's_MysteryMachine
steviemonster
slowflapper
heretic
EconoCarl
Big W
Farmer
MarioWink
StuNami
Mr Hill Billy
donivan65
Stuntman
hotrodbeebe423
econopoor
Van Halen
pittsdriver
BvrWally
Optik
Vanish
Digz
itruns
lectricman
rustrocket84
DanTheVanMan
66BC
BILLS66
Nightmoves
G-Man
Hawkrod
Admin
105 posters

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com!

Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 7 Empty Re: Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com!

Post by Big W Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:04 pm

Welcome aboard 8ball.
    8Ball
    8Ball

Number of posts : 10
    Registration date : 2012-06-17

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 7 Empty Re: Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com!

Post by 8Ball Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:39 pm

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 7 Van1

Noob stuff! Since 8Ball is 75% complete, I really only have to do details, so I quickly sketched the 'big' changes. New whitewalls, matching exhaust on the drivers side, new seats and a vent bulge, or as I call it, a bird house. Already have a doghouse, so why not.

May go with Hot Rod Flatz 'vanilla shake' and the red flames when it comes time for paint...'hot rod black' is pretty common even in my little city.

Doghouse is coming along, grinding is done -only a dremel, so it takes a while, B-Quiet is ordered, paint and bondo is waiting and my pin stripe guy has been made aware that he will have a little work to do.
    Big W
    Big W

Post by Big W Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:45 pm

Was thinking of using a model A front bumper as well if I can't get mine straightened. Drawing looks pretty kool.
    8Ball
    8Ball

Registration date : 2012-06-17

Post by 8Ball Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:59 pm

Sometimes Photobucket works and sometimes it doesn't. Usually resizes stuff automatically...stupid free stuff anyways...

Thanks! I've decided with the last week of 35 degree weather, my all black panel van that is prone to vapor lock is going to be white. I've already started saving up for panels and paint. I haven't been able to drive it! I come home from work and I can't even place my hand on it...I work in labor...no office hands for me and I still can't touch it for any length. White...it's gonna be white.

I'm gonna track down the same bumper for the rear. Steve managed to find the front at Pick-Your-Nose (Pick-A-Part) for almost free.
    Corvanman

Number of posts : 76
    Registration date : 2010-03-06

Post by Corvanman Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:09 pm

Not realy a newb but Im back. I had traded off my '63 Corvan for a '63 2DR Chevy Biscayne. And sold the Biscayne in the spring, bought all the parts to finish my bug, had some extra cash and got a offer from my friend to buy the van back that i couldnt pass up. Glad to have it back.
    Schoessow
    Schoessow

Number of posts : 16
    Registration date : 2012-07-30

Post by Schoessow Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:11 am

Hello, My name is Dennis Schoessow. People can not pronounce my name so my friends call me Schitz. I live in Roseville California. I'm new to this forum as of yesterday. I just picked up a 1969 Dodge A108 Van the other day and was just looking around the web for info about my van and found your site. I thought this would be a good place to get some ideas and questions answered. Specifically is there any parts houses or Catalogs that handle these older vans. I need front windshield rubber for starters.

The ole van is ruff around the edges but has potential. The wife dosn't see it but I do.

I plan on making it just a clean dayly driver. It has a 318 engine in it.

I will take some pictures of her and see if I can figure out
    how to post them.

Thanks. Schitz
    CraigK
    CraigK

Number of posts : 141
    Registration date : 2012-05-14

Post by CraigK Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:18 pm

Welcome Schitz.
    I am relatively new here as well. Picked up my 62 Econoline a little over a week ago.
    You have found the right place to get all your answers. There is a wealth of knowledge here.
    Oh and My wife doesn't see it either.

Craig
    CraigK
    CraigK

Number of posts : 141
    Registration date : 2012-05-14

Post by CraigK Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:20 pm

Also, for posting pictures, go to the first topic. Picture Posting 101 and follow the directions. Someone even posted a video on how to do it.
    Worked great for me.

Craig
    BILLS66
    BILLS66

Number of posts : 1383
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by BILLS66 Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:22 pm

welcome aboard !!! Bill
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:55 pm

Welcome to VV!!!!
    Schoessow
    Schoessow

Number of posts : 16
    Registration date : 2012-07-30

Post by Schoessow Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:20 am

Thanks CraigK, Bills66,& G-Man for the welcome aboard notes. Started on the van yesterday by taking off the tired Carburetor for a rebuild and also took off the right side exhaust manifold, which is broken. Should be able to get another one easy enough. So the work begins! Later. Schitz
    kristuphir
    kristuphir

Registration date : 2012-08-15

Post by kristuphir Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:13 pm

Hey vanners, another brand new recruit here. I'm 35, drove/fixed a '67 Volvo for 100K miles in high school and college, and have been lusting after an A108 for a couple of years now. Though I had a couple near misses, haven't picked one up yet. I have dreams of long distance travel in a mechanically-sound-if-cosmetically-lacking A108 camper, high top or pop top, with a slant six. All getting pretty specific for 45-year-old vans, but we'll see what happens!

Chris
    Big W
    Big W

Post by Big W Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:20 pm

Welcome to VV chris. Keep watching the vans for sale section and I'm sure something will pop up...no pun intended...lol.
    MisterDavid
    MisterDavid

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2012-08-18

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 7 Empty Newbie in Alaska

Post by MisterDavid Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:40 pm

Hi everyone! I'm new to the board but a long time fan of the website. I live in Alaska and here's my '65 I purchased on CL- Seattle last summer. I shipped it up last fall 2011. The previous owner already installed a SB 350/TH350. I'll post more pics soon.
    Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 7 Dsc03011

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 7 Dsc03012

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 7 Dsc03013

Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:30 am

Welcome Mister D! Looks like a great van to start with ! Please , definately more pics on whats been done.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8731
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:27 am

welcome to vv. guys. you found the right place...

Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:10 am

Welcome!!! Looks like you have a rare dash pad
    vanman2
    vanman2

Number of posts : 73
    Registration date : 2012-06-09

Post by vanman2 Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:07 am

Hello All ,
    also been lurking around this great site for awhile , i just picked up a 1965 Dodge A100 ~~~ Very Happy
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:55 am

Welcome in vanman2 !
    dodge man
    dodge man

Number of posts : 2036
    Registration date : 2012-08-08

Post by dodge man Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:12 am

WELCOME !! bounce
    Big W
    Big W

Post by Big W Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:28 pm

Welcome to VV.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:14 pm

Welcome!!!!

Post by Guest Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:07 am

Hello all just found this forum as I picked up a 1968 A108, fit with a 360 motor , 727 torque flight for sweet burnouts! This will be my shop truck, bike and parts hauler and family weekend camper for my wife and I with our boys. I want to fix it up a bit more as it needs some rust repair but also try and save the original paint as much as I can.
    Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 7 1van
    Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 7 2dodgevan

Last edited by Teach on Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:29 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : pics)
    westcoastvanner
    westcoastvanner

Number of posts : 1686
    Registration date : 2008-10-04

Post by westcoastvanner Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:25 am

Wrlcome!!
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:39 pm

Welcome!!! Great camper

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 5:32 am