VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

64 Econoline Windshield Washer system

mr. duece

Number of posts : 21
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

64 Econoline Windshield Washer system Empty 64 Econoline Windshield Washer system

Post by mr. duece Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:44 am

Good Morning, I was wondering if anyone can tell me for sure whether or not these washer squirters are original on my 64 econo. If so, what operates them. There are hoses in the cab but don't go anywhere. I thought it may have had a foot actuated pump with maybe a washer bag but don't see anything else there. Thanks, Don

[img]64 Econoline Windshield Washer system Washers[/img]
    Sy Hollinshead
    Sy Hollinshead

Number of posts : 466
    Registration date : 2008-10-11

64 Econoline Windshield Washer system Empty Re: 64 Econoline Windshield Washer system

Post by Sy Hollinshead Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:07 am

I have a 64, with the same jets by the look of it. The pipes go to to a foot pump mounted on the floor near your left foot, and the washer bottle is a large black plastic one mounted next to the heater under the dash. That is what mine has anyway.
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

64 Econoline Windshield Washer system Empty Re: 64 Econoline Windshield Washer system

Post by EconoUSAparts Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:09 am

The bottle on a 64 should be on the passenger side vent or blockoff plate. The foot pump is by the high beam switch.
    mr. duece

Post by mr. duece Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:38 am

I was puzzled because I didn't see any remnants of a foot pump or reservoir and I have a weird hole drilled in the front edge of my roof on the left side (see pic). When I return to my shop this morning I'll take a closer look at my truck. Thanks, D

[img]64 Econoline Windshield Washer system RoofHole[/img]
    mr. duece

Post by mr. duece Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:06 pm

Sy Hollinshead wrote:I have a 64, with the same jets by the look of it. The pipes go to to a foot pump mounted on the floor near your left foot, and the washer bottle is a large black plastic one mounted next to the heater under the dash. That is what mine has anyway.

Sy, I know it's probably alot to ask but is it possible to see a pic. of the bottle and foot pump. I do not see any spot in my floor for a pump or any spot a bottle would have been. Thanks for your help. Don
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:19 pm

Sy Hollinshead
    Sy Hollinshead

Number of posts : 466
    Registration date : 2008-10-11

Post by Sy Hollinshead Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:27 pm

OK, managed to take a couple of piccies for you today. Here you go:

Waher pump next to the headlight foot switch
    64 Econoline Windshield Washer system IMG_0076

Water bottle attached to bracket on vent
    64 Econoline Windshield Washer system IMG_0081

Hope these help.

Sy
    mr. duece

Post by mr. duece Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:11 pm

THANK YOU! I definitely owe you one. After viewing the auction G-Man referenced and viewing your pictures I realize I do not have this pump set up. My truck has a passenger vent delete plate & there isnt any holes or appears to ever had any where your foot pump is located. Is it possible it never had squirters from the factory. I also have one hole drilled in the roof above the left side of the windshield. Without a passenger vent, where would the bottle have been? Maybe someone added those nozzles by the wipers. Ck. out the pics of the passenger vent plate and firewall pad on my truck. Your opinions are very appreciated. Thanks again, Don

Vent Delete Plate
    [img]64 Econoline Windshield Washer system IMG_0661[/img]

Firewall Pad
    [img]64 Econoline Windshield Washer system IMG_0663[/img]

Washers
    [img]64 Econoline Windshield Washer system IMG_0664[/img]

Roof Hole
    [img]64 Econoline Windshield Washer system RoofHole[/img]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:18 am