VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+4
bugman
neondv8
EconoUSAparts
Linoman
8 posters

Windshield washer pump wiring ?

Linoman
    Linoman

Number of posts : 329
    Registration date : 2010-06-14

Windshield washer pump wiring ? Empty Windshield washer pump wiring ?

Post by Linoman Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:04 pm

The PO disconnected the washer pump switch under the dash and I can't find it referenced anywhere in my shop manual. All the wiring appears intact and original, the wire that would go to power has a spade connector end on it. Can any one tell me where this switch connects to?
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Windshield washer pump wiring ? Empty Re: Windshield washer pump wiring ?

Post by EconoUSAparts Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:31 pm

You pull the wiper switch knob to operate the pump. Early models used a foot pump by the dimmer switch.
    Linoman
    Linoman

Post by Linoman Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:56 pm

The wiper switch doesn't pull out. The switch I have is a push button mounted just above the ash tray, it is wired to the electric pump, which is mounted below the driver and behind the master cylinder. My reservoir is under the drivers seat. Just for reference, my Econo is a '66 if that helps any.
    Linoman
    Linoman

Post by Linoman Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:59 pm

Hey every one in investigating my non-working washer pump switch I accidentally broke the wiper switch. ARG ! So I'm in need of a new wiper switch, does any one have a lead on one ? Didn't see them listed in Macs or Carpenters in the Econoline sections, perhaps one for a Bronco or early F-series, would one of them work? Thanks ~ Tim
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:01 pm

Yea I forgot about those stupid buttons they used briefly. My 66 is in the switch. I ve never had one with a button myself except once on a parts van. I may have a switch but I ll have to dig around for it.
    Linoman
    Linoman

Post by Linoman Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:51 am

Thanks Econo ~ let me know if you come up with one, or other suggestions on where I might acquire one. ~ Tim
    neondv8
    neondv8

Number of posts : 278
    Registration date : 2012-04-04

Post by neondv8 Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:49 pm

Hey Tim,
    I have the same set up ass you in my 66.
    I have located every think but the bottle. All so the PO cut the hose on mine and all the wires are gone. Do you have any photos of it wired up?
    thanks, jamie

Post by Guest Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:20 am

I can help with this post in the AM ... I have experience with all three types
    bugman
    bugman

Number of posts : 72
    Registration date : 2011-12-17

Post by bugman Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:41 am

Our 64 doesn't have a window washer set up at all, could it have been an option? Just curious.

Post by Guest Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:43 pm

I suspect so ... my original Supervan had none ... I added them and foot pump ... the very earlies came with one wiper on drivers side only.
    OldBird
    OldBird

Number of posts : 66
    Registration date : 2011-11-20

Post by OldBird Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:34 pm

can someone post a picture of what the spray nozel looks like? i would like to put them on my pickup.

Post by Guest Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:37 pm

Sure ... I also need to f/u on my wiring post ... life got in the way of my van again ... darnit ...

Post by Guest Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:45 pm

bugman wrote:Our 64 doesn't have a window washer set up at all, could it have been an option? Just curious.

Need a template where to locate them?
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:57 pm

There are 2 sizes...Tall ones are on my 67 and the short ones are on my 66. Now I am led to believe these are the correct ones for those years??? someone correct me if I am wrong. Cus I need to no also...lol.Windshield washer pump wiring ? Copy_o14Windshield washer pump wiring ? Copy_o15Windshield washer pump wiring ? Copy_o16

Post by Guest Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:22 pm

I have the first set on both my crates but have seen the second as well ... not sure what the second specifically comes from though ...

Post by Guest Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:18 pm

The push button switch is actually a general switch used by at least the Mustang of those days for of all things .. the courtesy light switch in the door pillar ... you can get them almost anywhere ... somebody brainwaved the switch to fit in the lighter hole of the Econos .. I happen to have re-installed my lighter and put a sneaky bracket under my steering wheel to dash attachment for cel phone charger et al. Pump was located on the underside of the vehicle screwed into the fore of the bulkhead where the shift rods go through ... pump photos are in the pics ... these were pumps available to at least the Fords and Mopars of their period ... wiring is ... pump to ground with a screw ... hot feed to one side of the pump then to one side of the switch ... wherever it may be ... and the other side of switch to the end of a fuse ... NOT direct to hot to fused side ... Fluid resevoir is clipped on the engine compartment in a specific place under the drivers seat ... hose goes from the cap on the resevoir through the engine compartment and to the pump on bulkhead. From there it goes up into a hole in the front near where the speedo cable comes through ... from there it travels through the snout to a wire clamp on the upper or lower interior stud of the "R" on the "FORD" letters ... from there it progresses up into a clamp that houses a plastic "T" fitting that is bolted onto the wiper motor ... the supply hose is reduced down there to mini tubes that attach to the squirters ... see photo .... with the deeluxe squirter all in one two speed wiper set up, just take the contacts for the push button and put them on the interior of them thar two speed deeluxes ... foot pump ... hose from "T" at wiper motor to foot pump lower left side near but not close to headlight switch on floor ... supply line out near speedo cable under that crowded space of shifter bulkhead and master etc ... up into doghouse, through the side and into the resevoir under the front seat ... now ... I mentioned before that the location of the C Clip holding the resevoir on is critical ... first, make sure you have at least your original seat propped into place ... because it needs to clear the seat bracket ... second ... if you have the original jack set up like I do .... that has to be installed as well ... the bucket fits within half inches of all ... the forgoing just has to do with 65 - 67 set ups ... I understand that the pre 65's are different and a complete mystery to me so ... BUT send me a PM and I can send you a heck of a PDF that will likely sort out a bunch of stuff for everybody ... covering ALL the years of early E 100's ... and when you get it ... pass it on ... it can only help
    Windshield washer pump wiring ? Dscf7512
    Windshield washer pump wiring ? Dscf7513
    Windshield washer pump wiring ? Dscf7514
    Windshield washer pump wiring ? Dscf7515
    Windshield washer pump wiring ? Dscf7516
    Windshield washer pump wiring ? Dscf7517

Regards

Last edited by strukkingfuggle on Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
    neondv8
    neondv8

Number of posts : 278
    Registration date : 2012-04-04

Post by neondv8 Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:45 am

thanks, that helps.
    i found all the part that are sill on my 66.
    i have no bottle. but now i know what i need to do.

Post by Guest Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:52 am

Bottles are out there ... contact Old Skool and Eric D Fred C in RI and ask Teems at econousaparts ... make sure you get the cap as well ... you know you scored an original if the bottle still has the tube that goes into the bottle AND on the end is a brass screen filter ... that's the golden chalice ... don't waste you $ on e bay for NOS ... I hung a FOMOCO bag under my seat on Zap Straps until I found a bottle ... that was a quite a few years back ... gets longer every day ... lol

Last edited by strukkingfuggle on Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
    OldBird
    OldBird

Number of posts : 66
    Registration date : 2011-11-20

Post by OldBird Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:37 pm

thanks for the pictures now i know what to look for.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:27 pm

I'll add a couple of more tomorrow ... Foot pump in my Super ... bottle location underside of seat and by default the original jack set up as it should be ... photo of deeluxe wiper switch and bezel ... might even have a photo of a spare push button switch ... bought it in the "anything for a dollar" bucket at a mustang booth at a swap meet ... going to improve the photo of the push buttom install on my steering wheel bracket ... I have a dash skirt so the original wiring gets a bit short ... believe it or not my Falcon came with an e-brake warning light ... NOBODY appears to have one of those mine works just dandy ...
    diamond dave
    diamond dave

Number of posts : 565
    Registration date : 2012-04-24

Post by diamond dave Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:50 pm

my 65 has the pump on the floor and it works great. reminds me of some of my old vw's. if you cant locate the right parts, you can get a universal one at most auto parts stores or jc whitney. wiring should be simple.
    Murdock
    Murdock

Number of posts : 313
    Registration date : 2010-12-29

Post by Murdock Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:27 pm

Linoman wrote:Hey every one in investigating my non-working washer pump switch I accidentally broke the wiper switch. ARG ! So I'm in need of a new wiper switch, does any one have a lead on one ? Didn't see them listed in Macs or Carpenters in the Econoline sections, perhaps one for a Bronco or early F-series, would one of them work? Thanks ~ Tim

Not sure if you still need one, but take the opportunity to get one out of a mid 70's F pickup. This will not only get you a washer switch built in (push) but also two speed wipers with intermittent (be sure to grab the harness assembly) and it plugs right in. I did this upgrade on my '67 and it worked great. Not sure if you have the 2 speed wiper motor or not but you will need it for this to work, also available out of the same pickup. Otherwise, Rock Auto carries the switches at a premium price.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 9:25 am