VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

First time in snow with the Econline !

Donn
    Donn

Number of posts : 692
    Registration date : 2009-04-05

First time in snow with the Econline ! Empty First time in snow with the Econline !

Post by Donn Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:19 pm

I am a musician and had a gig last night here on Long Island NY. When I went in about 8:30pm it was raining hard, it was not suppose to turn to snow for hours so I took the van. About 10pm I had a break and saw that the rain turned to ice then snow. When I left at 2am my windshield had about a 2 inch wall of ice / snow on it, of course I have very weak defrost and no ice scraper ! Drove 5 miles home with my head out the window, could not see more then 30 ft in front of me. The Econo was sliding all the way home.
    Love the van but lessen learned, no move van in the snow, always have an ice scraper, getting the defrost to work better this spring just moved up the ladder of things to do ! Shocked
    mcfly
    mcfly

Number of posts : 626
    Registration date : 2008-11-10

First time in snow with the Econline ! Empty Re: First time in snow with the Econline !

Post by mcfly Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:57 pm

Hey Donn,
    Fun ain't it. Driving mine in that weather made me realize I need more than one speed on my windsheild wipers. Defrost works fine just have to crack the window a bit to help it along.I also found a few leeks I didn't know I had(rear door seal and a windshield drip right above heater). Looking forward to meeting up with you at belmore this summer.

mike
    P.S. did you ever get those doors

First time in snow with the Econline ! Empty Re: First time in snow with the Econline !

Post by Guest Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:27 am

Sheesh, my econo was always amazing in the snow compared to my chevy. Driving my vans in the winter made me realize I need a pickup!

Post by Guest Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:34 am

I've driven Ester in the snow, as long as I have some weight in the back, she does pretty good. My heater core is taking a dump right now though, so I really have no heat.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 4:10 am