VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

1963 Econoline falcon van steering wheel and horn ring

sparky

Number of posts : 195
    Registration date : 2010-01-05

1963 Econoline  falcon van steering wheel and horn ring Empty 1963 Econoline falcon van steering wheel and horn ring

Post by sparky Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:34 pm

I have a 1963 Falcon van and the steering wheel horn ring says Falcon on it, is this the same steering wheel and horn ring as on a Falcon sedan or is the falcon van horn ring and steering wheel different for the vans?? Question Question
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

1963 Econoline  falcon van steering wheel and horn ring Empty Re: 1963 Econoline falcon van steering wheel and horn ring

Post by sasktrini Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:02 pm

Don't know much about Falcon cars... I doubt they are the same, but it's possible. I do know that Econoline Falcon badging and stuff is rare. Plus, I think horn rings are rare, compared to buttons.

It would be interesting to find out if it were possible to acquire NOS Falcon sedan steering wheels for Econolines though... we are stuck trying to restore our old cracked ones, to the best of my knowledge...

I hope you're not planning to change anything.
    Old Skool
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1306
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

1963 Econoline  falcon van steering wheel and horn ring Empty Re: 1963 Econoline falcon van steering wheel and horn ring

Post by Old Skool Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:00 pm

All of our steering wheels are the same from 61 all the way to 74. Meaning, if you can find a good GENII one, it is the same. One difference, in that in 67 they changed the turn signal assembly to include the emergency flasher in the coloumn, and ADDED a round metal horn contact ring to the same wheel. its on the underside, attatched with three sheet metal screws. The only other difference is the colors, as they started painting them in 69 to match the interiors.
    In regards to the "Falcon" badging. In the "deluxe" horn rings,it is an Econoline deluxe ring, with two holes drilled in it, and a "Econoline" ,,, FALCON logo,, not the same as the car "falcon". If you remove the falcon emblem on our deluxe ring you will ruin it because of the holes. BTW,,, no such thing as a
    Falcon pickup. You can use a GENII turn assembly, and convert the wiring end plug to ours. If anyone needs the color coding, I have it, as I change them for my columns... I recently painted one for a friend for his at a car show, done in the same high end Urethane, only thing people seemed to talk about at the show??
    vic
    sparky

Post by sparky Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:43 pm

ok, got it, so the horn ring on the Econoline "Falcon" would say Ford falcon and the steering wheel on the van IS different from the steering wheel on the Falcon cars??
    Old Skool
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1306
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

Post by Old Skool Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:35 am

On our Econoline pickups and vans, there is only one steering wheel, and its different than the Falcon cars. Our steering wheel, is the same from 61 all the way up to 74.
    Of our "Deluxe" chrome horn rings for our steering wheels, there is a "Falcon" horn ring and an "Econoline" horn ring. Of these two, the "Falcon" badge is added on to an Econoline horn ring, and the Falcon car deluxe is different also than our Falcon deluxe.
    vic
    sparky

Post by sparky Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:58 pm

that pretty much sums it right up, Thanx Old School!!
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:42 pm

If you remove the center cap that says Falcon on it you will find one hole drilled thru the 2nd "o" in Econoline. I see Econolines all the time with a hole in the ring so i know its from a falcon van with the button removed. If the hole doesnt bother you remove the button.
    The 61 and some 62 horn buttons actually say Ford and Econoline on them. Late 62 and up just say Econoline on them. Im not sure if thats the case on the horn ring or not.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:09 am