VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Steering wheel -> indicator -> horn

Steering wheel -> indicator -> horn Empty Steering wheel -> indicator -> horn

Post by Guest Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:48 am

How do I get the horn button to come off? Do I need to remove it to get to the turn signal switch? There are 2 screws on the back and one for the lever.. but scratch

Seth G
    Seth G
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

Steering wheel -> indicator -> horn Empty Re: Steering wheel -> indicator -> horn

Post by Seth G Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:15 am

push down and turn the button(left I think). It's retained by 3 prongs that come through slots when aligned.

Steering wheel -> indicator -> horn Empty Re: Steering wheel -> indicator -> horn

Post by Guest Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:36 am

aargh that simple? Shocked
    Abitibi
    Abitibi

Number of posts : 479
    Registration date : 2014-06-23

Post by Abitibi Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:09 am

Yes left and that simple but don't try early morning or late at night... Wink
    Abitibi
    Abitibi

Number of posts : 479
    Registration date : 2014-06-23

Post by Abitibi Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:11 am

And watch for the little loaded spring that holds the horn contact pin... You don't want to lose it!

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:33 am

Getting dumber every day clown, broke the horn springy thingy when I loosened the big nut.. wasn't working anyways but still grr..

Bruce67Econoline
    Bruce67Econoline

Number of posts : 809
    Registration date : 2014-01-25

Post by Bruce67Econoline Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:55 pm

joe-a-gogo wrote:Getting dumber every day clown, broke the horn springy thingy when I loosened the big nut.. wasn't working anyways but still grr..

Dennis Carpenter has them.
    http://dennis-carpenter.com/horn-button-ring-contact-brush/p/C0AF-13A821-A/
    Seth G
    Seth G

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

Post by Seth G Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:21 pm

Anyone know where you can find the horn contact insulator? I know it's readily available nos and cheap but is there a cross # for it? All I have is the Econoline # but it may be unique? And I don't even have that off hand, I had to look it up b/c I lost mine, it's here somewhere... but I'm afraid it may be w/ the insulator at this point...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:50 pm