VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Can you match # on the Econolines?

Can you match # on the Econolines? Empty Can you match # on the Econolines?

Post by Guest Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:57 am

I have a 66' PU with the 240ci and auto trans. Can you do a numbers matching vehicle here??? Engine-trans. numbers to VIN??? Thank you for any help.
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Can you match # on the Econolines? Empty Re: Can you match # on the Econolines?

Post by EconoUSAparts Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:14 pm

If you post the VIN tag info I can get it decoded for you.

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:07 pm

No, Im not talking about decoding the vehicle. Trying to see if Ford stamped the block with a VIN to match the body VIN. I see the casting date, but cannot find a VIN on the block. Need to know how to determine if this is the correct motor that came with this vehicle when new!
    Bluelemon
    Bluelemon

Number of posts : 139
    Registration date : 2008-07-10

Post by Bluelemon Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:58 pm

66 PGE PU wrote:No, Im not talking about decoding the vehicle. Trying to see if Ford stamped the block with a VIN to match the body VIN. I see the casting date, but cannot find a VIN on the block. Need to know how to determine if this is the correct motor that came with this vehicle when new!

There is only a casting number on the block and head. You will either have a 170 (intake cast ito head) or a 240 with bolt on intake and cable throttle.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:58 pm