VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Weatherstripping/Rubber for Econolines

mr. duece

Number of posts : 21
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Weatherstripping/Rubber for Econolines Empty Weatherstripping/Rubber for Econolines

Post by mr. duece Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:47 am

Hi Everyone. I am starting to buy parts for my 64 econo. pick up and was wondering if anyone has an opinion on weatherstripping. I was going to use Macs. I have heard good things about them and they have sent me a 15% coupon code. Laughing Are there any other sources? I need it all. Front, Rear, sides, vents, fuzzies, etc. I value any opinions. Thanks, Don
    mcfly
    mcfly

Number of posts : 626
    Registration date : 2008-11-10

Weatherstripping/Rubber for Econolines Empty Re: Weatherstripping/Rubber for Econolines

Post by mcfly Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:44 am

I was just getting ready to write the same thing. Got my coupon last week and have noticed a few leeks this weekend with all the rain we are getting.

I also look forward to feedback

mike
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Weatherstripping/Rubber for Econolines Empty Re: Weatherstripping/Rubber for Econolines

Post by EconoUSAparts Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:06 am

Mac's gets theirs from Dennis Carpenter. The front door seals and vent window rubber is flawed,the rest are ok. Terry Turner is trying to get Restoration specialties to reproduce it all correctly since Carpenter's doesnt care. I have some NOS window fuzzies for sale,not the cheesy aftermarket ones.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:50 pm

How much for the window fuzzies
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Post by EconoUSAparts Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:27 pm

Let me clarify that,I ve got NOS window channels,the part that goes up the back edge and across the top,not the fuzzies that are split on either side of the glass. $30 a set,which does both doors.
    mr. duece

Number of posts : 21
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by mr. duece Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:38 am

EconoUSAparts wrote:Mac's gets theirs from Dennis Carpenter. The front door seals and vent window rubber is flawed,the rest are ok. Terry Turner is trying to get Restoration specialties to reproduce it all correctly since Carpenter's doesnt care. I have some NOS window fuzzies for sale,not the cheesy aftermarket ones.

Do we know if this looks like it might happen? If so, I imagine it'll take some time though. I may get back to you on that window run rubber once I make a decision. Thanks for your help. Don
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Post by EconoUSAparts Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:46 am

The only thing holding it up is someone providing Restoration Specialties a van to use during the process for test fits. Worse case scenario I ll take em one of mine in June.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:52 am