VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

alt problem

alt problem Empty alt problem

Post by Guest Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:12 pm

alt problem Wire_d10 alt light came on drained battery. changed alt did same thing plus wire started to burn ttraced wire to sol seems it was melted long time ago maybe caused whole prob.going to rewire plus change volt reg hope this works is this the right dia for a eco it sure looks like what i'mm working on
    fmc56
    fmc56

Number of posts : 553
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

alt problem Empty Re: alt problem

Post by fmc56 Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:47 pm

Diagram looks correct. I had posted copies of several different Econoline wiring diagrams on the old forum, not sure what catergory though. Here's a copy of the 67 wiring diagram for the alternator. Some of it has been cut off when posted. If you need better copies I can email all 6 pages to you directly.
    Fred
    alt problem 67wir510
    alt problem 67wir610
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:39 pm

If the battery went stone dead, the Starter relay could be a problem. You need to remove the wires from the terminal that the battery goes onto and start by touching the battery cable to that terminal. If it does not spark, put it on and touch the other wires to it to see if anything sparks which would indicate a short or problem.

Post by Guest Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:45 pm

thanks for the input finally got it running think it was voltage reg because light went off and when i noticed a 6 volt coil put in a 12 volt. everything seems ok starts right up.going togo thru the wiring and clean it up.learning alot on the fly ordered a 66 manual on ebay ? if it doesn't help with stuff it will be a nice piece of memorbila

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:24 am