VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+9
DanTheVanMan
savage
BvrWally
G-Man
veefre
PolarBear2
donivan65
Kakster
Scott
13 posters

Disk Brake Kits (2nd Run) & 3rd

Disk Brake Kits (2nd Run)  & 3rd - Page 3 Empty Re: Disk Brake Kits (2nd Run) & 3rd

Post by Guest Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:43 am

I noticed your last ad was almost a year old, but no body replied. Do you still have those brackets?

Heavy
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Disk Brake Kits (2nd Run)  & 3rd - Page 3 Empty Re: Disk Brake Kits (2nd Run) & 3rd

Post by G-Man Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:22 am

Leadfoot doesn't sell them anymore
    wideload
    wideload
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 1388
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

Post by wideload Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:05 am

M1dadio was considering making another batch but I don't know if there was enough interest.

Scott
    Scott

Number of posts : 1651
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by Scott Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:19 am

Sorry Heavy, sold them to hemi331 shortly after that post..

Having them made is a pain because you have to have like 20 pairs made to make it cheap enough, then someone has to collect all the money. The person collecting the money has to burn a lot of time with a machine shop getting the plans explained, then checking each set to make sure they are cut, bent, and threaded correctly.

It's kind of a long process, so by the time the brackets are done people are angry about how long they had to wait, and some might be wanting their money back.

Sooo, you can see why someone wouldn't be quick to volunteer.

Last I spoke with Leadfoot he said he worked with his uncle, I think it was his uncle, to make an AutoCAD drawing of the brackets. You may talk to him, if you can get that CAD file a machine shop should just be able to load it right up.

You can also find plenty of Online Machine shops that you can upload the file, then they get back to you with a quote. I haven't used them before, but have considered it.
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:56 pm

If there was enough interest,maybe Dennis at D and D would be interested in adding them to his line of products. He has a great machine shop connection and the guy likes earlies too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:10 pm