VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+118
westcoastvanner
Russell
JIMMYRIGGED
OutofSight
Abitibi
66BC
sparky
samsvan
Impala64
dudley32
weirdbeard
xjamesx
tdc
TheRealSpinner
61econoline
virtual
playnpossum
uante
66mnecotruck
BillyBlaze
jimthefred
Van crazy
JariV
Wheelie
JD
Joe Van
vanner68
threequartersleeve
rickland
Dawgboy
mik
Seth G
Magic Bus
Chevboner
Vannin Ken
uncle ron
chainsaw
neondv8
Murdock
OldBird
m1dadio
ndjarrett
dodge man
jfox
millwright71
Space Truckin
the_surfing_guy
PandLChevyVan
Vantastic
vanny
ChevyVanMan1
Gothboy
Big W
Exto
VanninBlaino
thatcherworks
Rayallen
drc
andrew carter
sandyvan
wildbillinva
Jay 13
RodStRace
HandiVanMan
ScottyJones
whopman
Digz
NipRing
Lazarusvan
lectricman
chester42
Vanadian
Twinpilot001
StuNami
white-lightning
sunnskate
econopoor
Oldsmobubble
Roman
chicanoline
Casimier
billo
EconoCarl
dix
bugeye bob
LiveWire64
EconoUSAparts
SDEconoTruck
kiwimopar
Van Halen
texasjohn
wylee
BvrWally
67a 100 pickup
gotavan
slimtronn
kltcustoms
Donn
Scott
RipVanArkie
mcfly
DanTheVanMan
BILLS66
mo_1040
Nightmoves
Vanish
Hawkrod
jkr
benwah
itruns
wideload
G-Man
64chevy
VANagain
gp70
savage
Kakster
donivan65
122 posters

I seen a VAN,,,(,part 1) Old posts

Vanadian
    Vanadian

Number of posts : 187
    Registration date : 2010-11-17

I  seen  a  VAN,,,(,part 1)    Old posts - Page 18 Empty Re: I seen a VAN,,,(,part 1) Old posts

Post by Vanadian Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:35 pm

Saw this Ford Early yesterday....67? First sign of Snow in Calgary, Alberta. I take this route a lot so I quite surprised to see it. The plate is new with 2013 sticker so its most likely a new purchase. I was on the phone when i saw it, and in mid convo I said "i gotta go i see a van" and hung up!

I  seen  a  VAN,,,(,part 1)    Old posts - Page 18 Oct_2010
    I  seen  a  VAN,,,(,part 1)    Old posts - Page 18 Oct_2011
    I  seen  a  VAN,,,(,part 1)    Old posts - Page 18 Oct_2012
    I  seen  a  VAN,,,(,part 1)    Old posts - Page 18 Oct_2013
    I  seen  a  VAN,,,(,part 1)    Old posts - Page 18 Oct_2014
    Vanadian
    Vanadian

Number of posts : 187
    Registration date : 2010-11-17

I  seen  a  VAN,,,(,part 1)    Old posts - Page 18 Empty Re: I seen a VAN,,,(,part 1) Old posts

Post by Vanadian Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:37 pm

Vanish wrote:Yep Don Knows that one too !!!!!

I  seen  a  VAN,,,(,part 1)    Old posts - Page 18 080-vi

That's a great American Van Pic!
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:48 pm

I  seen  a  VAN,,,(,part 1)    Old posts - Page 18 Chevy198
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:42 am

Don , your not in the 'hood again are ya ?
    VANagain
    VANagain

Number of posts : 1046
    Registration date : 2008-05-16

Post by VANagain Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:10 am

All of San Diego county is Don's 'hood! It's hard to spot a van that he hasn't already logged. How about this Dodge? Saw it on my way to the airport last week:

I  seen  a  VAN,,,(,part 1)    Old posts - Page 18 Img_0610

I  seen  a  VAN,,,(,part 1)    Old posts - Page 18 Img_0611

Those are some hold-down straps on that poptop!
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:34 pm

Hey Moe,,,,,that Chevy sure is in a HOOD,,,,,and,,,that Dodge is the same one we chased and lost when we were out cruising when you came out here......
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:48 pm

,,,,,Vanish took a picture of it on Shelter Island,,,,I have been looking for the owner since 2009....

I  seen  a  VAN,,,(,part 1)    Old posts - Page 18 Nodoor66
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:01 pm

When I saw that pic, I thought that was the Dodge we tree'd near the airport, then the chase was on!
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:37 pm

,,,,,,that be the one,,,,,,,
    ChevyVanMan1

Number of posts : 425
    Registration date : 2009-07-19

Post by ChevyVanMan1 Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:46 am

Would love to have a good roof. Too bad shipping coat to coast would kill me.

Mine was great till last Christmas when drunk theives (I guess) used it to gain access to the roof of my house. Chased them down the street at 4AM. Didn't report it to the police tho as they'd probably think I was crazy or drunk. Now, if my van is parked close to my roof I spray soap on the roof in hopes if they try it again they'll brake a neck or two.

I understand the bittersweet nature of junking a good vehicle. Have had to do it a couple of times because beyond all the posturing nobody really wanted the hassle. Glad to see you rescue as many parts as you could. I usually end up with boxes of stuff nobody pays for. Usually end up taking the odd stuff to swap meets to recycle.
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:56 pm

I spotted a van from the highway last Saturday and had to run an errand but on the way home, I pulled off the highway and located it at an auto body shop in Philipston, Ma. I spoke with Skip (nice guy) and he said it was chopped in the 70's by someone he knew and he owned it in the 80's and he recently saw it again and bought it as a project. He said he'd be willing to part with it for $1500. If anyones interested, let me know and I can give you his number.
    I  seen  a  VAN,,,(,part 1)    Old posts - Page 18 20121210

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:00 pm

I forgot to mention that he told me the motor blew a piston but it has an automatic trans and he said the passengers side has a gullwing door. I  seen  a  VAN,,,(,part 1)    Old posts - Page 18 20121211

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:54 pm

Wow!,,,,,,,,now that is seeing a van!
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:24 pm

I mentioned that I was looking for an Econoline that wasn't a rust bucket and he took me and my granson thru the back room and back there he had a running and driving 62 Econoline pick that he uses to carry parts in. He handed me a flashlight and told me to take a look underneath. The undercarriage looked unbelievable. Clean and almost completely rust free. He bought it from a dealership in Arizona. He is somewhat attached to it but said that he would take $7500 for it. It was too dark to take pictures but might be worth inquiring about if someone's looking for a very clean and rust free Econo Pickup. I have his business card if anyone needs his number. affraid

sandyvan
    sandyvan

Number of posts : 526
    Registration date : 2011-03-13

Post by sandyvan Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:26 pm

I  seen  a  VAN,,,(,part 1)    Old posts - Page 18 Vvecono2

I  seen  a  VAN,,,(,part 1)    Old posts - Page 18 Vvecono1

This guy was out surfing, left him a note. I asked the dog how it runs and he said "rough".

Don, surely you know this van? Surprised I've never seen it before, he must be a "second shift" surfer.
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:34 pm

lol! Now that's a true beauty. Let us know if it's for sale??? Dog should have been sitting on the doghouse or maybe he's just trying to impress any poodles that may drive by. Looks like he's wearing his license and registration. lol!

sandyvan
    sandyvan

Number of posts : 526
    Registration date : 2011-03-13

Post by sandyvan Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:44 pm

Another surfer dude nearby knows the owner, says it's a driver and current project, so doubt it is for sale. The dog was totally mellow, didn't budge or bark while I was looking in at the interior setup.
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:00 pm

sunny You guys out there on the left coast are just spoiled rotten with all the vintage vans running around. Don't take em for granted cause they are few and far between on the East coast. I've got to get me one of them.

What hurts is that I used to work for a company in Valencia, Ca and I took a few trips out there. If I had been looking for a van at that time, I could have flown out, purchased a van and driven it back home??? Hind site is 20-20. Twisted Evil

donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:26 pm

I  seen  a  VAN,,,(,part 1)    Old posts - Page 18 Chevy_12
    64chevy
    64chevy

Number of posts : 364
    Registration date : 2008-05-18

Post by 64chevy Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:40 pm

San Diego must be the capital of green and white Sportvan Deluxes.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:05 pm

There is like 5 of them here right now,,,,,,

Post by Guest Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:13 pm

sandyvan wrote:I  seen  a  VAN,,,(,part 1)    Old posts - Page 18 Vvecono2

This guy was out surfing, left him a note. I asked the dog how it runs and he said "rough".

Don, surely you know this van? Surprised I've never seen it before, he must be a "second shift" surfer.

This guy followed me home the other day when he saw my 63 econoline on the road he lives not too far from me. He was a real nice guys, but unfortunately he wasn't driving his van so I saw it just in pics. Looks Ike a nice van and hopefully we can get together and go for drive.
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:05 am

Sounds like vintAGE karma to me! cheers

Vantastic
    Vantastic

Number of posts : 290
    Registration date : 2011-02-28

Post by Vantastic Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:54 am

sandyvan wrote:I  seen  a  VAN,,,(,part 1)    Old posts - Page 18 Vvecono2

Hello it's me!!! Ted I called you back and left you a message.... And what the heck is a second shift surfer?? should I take offense??
    Tim
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:25 am

I would say Ted and his SandyVan like to be out there before the sun comes up everyday so he has never seen you out surfing when he is out there,,,,so you must be out there on the 2nd shift that takes over after he leaves and goes to work each day,,,,

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:49 am