VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

window glass questions

window glass questions Empty window glass questions

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:19 pm

does any one know if the glass inside of a pop open frame can be used in a fixed window frame if you take the metal frame off of the glass?

The glass that is in my van seems too small for the window rubber (fixed windows) so I think the P.O. used the glass out if a pop open window.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

window glass questions Empty Re: window glass questions

Post by donivan65 Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:57 pm

Well,,,,,I can tell you how it is on my Chevy,,,,,,the stationary glass fits IN the door frame, while the Pop outs fit ON the frame,,,,so that makes the pop Out glass like 5/8" bigger than the Stationary glass,,,,,the pop out glass dos not even fit inside the door frame if you try it. And the Stationary glass has about a 1/4" clearance all the way around for the gasket. Now the question is,,,,do you have the wrong glass or wrong gasket,,,,,,do you have other pieces of glass to compare it too or can you measure the frame opening and compare the glass size to it. Or better still, a Ford guy can provide you with a real answer. This is what I used to mount all 8 of my wonderful windows in my van,,,,,,

window glass questions Side_w13

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:50 pm

well my seals are from D.C. they are fixed seals. but the glass is way to small in the seal when I put them in the van so I am srue they are the wrong glass. but I was wandering if anyone had ever tried to use the glass from the frame of a pop out for a fixed window? I am pretty sure the pop out fit ON the frame too, but would it still if the metal frame was taken off of the rim of the glass?
    fmc56
    fmc56

Number of posts : 553
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by fmc56 Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:12 pm

Glass is definitely different. The pop out glass only sits in the metal frame about 3/16". I have a couple of stationary glass if you need them.
    Fred

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:37 pm