VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

brake set up

brake set up Empty brake set up

Post by Guest Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:01 am

i've ripped all my brake lines and master cylinder and pedal. i figured i'd get the jump on the job while i'm waiting for the upgraded brake master cylinder stuff from dennis in oregon. anyway, do you reckon that it would be better to split the brakes fore and aft, or diagonally? its going to be an all drum system with a pair of ten pound residual valves and the dual m.c. from a modern truck. any ideas would be appreciated. thanks steve
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

brake set up Empty Re: brake set up

Post by donivan65 Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:32 pm

A real 4 wheel drum system with a dual master cylinder has a line to the rears and a line to the fronts. Are your front and rear wheel cylinders the same bore? If you go that diagonal route, those check valves could affect the bores differently if they are in the same circuit. . And does the master cylinder have the internal check valves in it? Those check valves are for brake pedal height,,,,,and sometimes used when front disks are installed. So I am thinking front and rear systems and check valves if you run into a low brake pedal,,,,,,,,,

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:41 am

i think i get it... if the bore diameters are different and they are matched together it could result in uneven braking right? so it would be better to stick with the fore and aft set up that was originally used.?
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:10 am

Its just a possibility,,,,,why take a chance,,,,keep it simple,,,,,you want a good safe dependable brake system.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:36 pm