VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Picked up my buddy's Mercury Econoline

sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Picked up my buddy's Mercury Econoline Empty Picked up my buddy's Mercury Econoline

Post by sasktrini Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:16 am

It looks like my "two earlies become six" thread is gone... My friend and I picked up my Calgary buddy's Mercury Econoline on Saturday! Unfortunately, I couldn't get mine (the pink one), as the owner wasn't there as he promised. The two Mercury's I found here turned out to be 63's, thanks to Jay Long of Yahoo's EconosRUs!

Pictures from when I first saw it in April...

Picked up my buddy's Mercury Econoline 6550i8m_20

Picked up my buddy's Mercury Econoline 68417i3_20

Picked up my buddy's Mercury Econoline 2650ld7_20

Picked up my buddy's Mercury Econoline 3068h9b_20

Pictures from Saturday...

Picked up my buddy's Mercury Econoline IMG_0026

Picked up my buddy's Mercury Econoline IMG_0031

It's a heavy duty model, as look what I found... a 9" rear!

Picked up my buddy's Mercury Econoline IMG_0033-1

The only thing that seems to be missing (well, be sides the engine and tranny) is the "Econoline Heavy Duty" badges off the doors, but I think Glen will have some!

The only rust I could find is a small spot in front of the passenger seat on the floor... but the rest is very solid! At a glance, the external trim was inside the van. I have the rear replacement panels as well, but I will have to get a fuel filler cover for the interior, and there is no gas tank / filler neck.

Picked up my buddy's Mercury Econoline IMG_0037-1

Picked up my buddy's Mercury Econoline IMG_0034-1

Picked up my buddy's Mercury Econoline IMG_0035-1

Picked up my buddy's Mercury Econoline IMG_0036

Even has the insulation for the front panel!

Picked up my buddy's Mercury Econoline IMG_0038
    Hangtime
    Hangtime

Number of posts : 64
    Registration date : 2008-09-11

Picked up my buddy's Mercury Econoline Empty Re: Picked up my buddy's Mercury Econoline

Post by Hangtime Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:05 pm

Good find, I think that Mercury badge looks much more natural between the head lights than the F-O-R-D. I should make one that says Falcon, that would only take about the rest of my life to do.
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Picked up my buddy's Mercury Econoline Empty Re: Picked up my buddy's Mercury Econoline

Post by sasktrini Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:10 pm

And I like the look of the F O R D letters better... Falcon would be cool!
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:18 pm

For sitting in a field in Canada that van is in really good shape

Post by Guest Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm

nice van! i'm in canada too and these babys are rare as can be! looks real good
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Post by sasktrini Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:41 am

Hopefully, I'll be picking up my pink 63 Merc panel on Saturday... should be able to drive it back!

Post by Guest Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:52 pm

Hello all! Finally it look like I'm signed in here... I had a problem getting myself back on the forums with my old user name. So I make up a new user name.

Sasktrini had helped getting the '63 Merc off the field and storaged until I can come get it towed into Alberta. Thanks to all in helping out! This van will be my next project when I'm done with my '71 Chevy van and one car to finish for selli to fund my van project.

Anyway, now I'm trying to find out how many of Mercury Econoline vans were built in Canada. No luck so far... but I did find one source but didn't know if it's true. One seller reported that there was about 2200 vans made, only that it didn't say if for all years or just one year?

Is there anyone who might know or have info for sure on the numbers? Well, I've begin slowly gathering some parts for the Merc van - I just got the dashboard harness and couple parts, and coming in mail a pair of "Heavy Duty" door emblems. Going by one part a time - that's all

I look forward to learn a bit more about the early vans!
    savage
    savage

Number of posts : 2626
    Registration date : 2008-05-15

Post by savage Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:43 pm

Welcome again,Good Luck on your new project
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:51 pm

look forward to seeing you bring it back to it's former glory
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Post by sasktrini Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:22 am

Hey buddy!

I got Mercury number three delivered this weekend too!

Picked up my buddy's Mercury Econoline 2009-08-30001

Welcome! You'll be meeting demondog when you come pick up the blue one!

I am on a Yahoo! group where the mod has a database... he may have some facts on stuff like that... he said the VIN on Grimstone was the second earliest he had on record... so he probably has production numbers too!

Post by Guest Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:53 pm

i got this one for parts.carlos,quebec,canadaPicked up my buddy's Mercury Econoline 019

Post by Guest Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:04 am

Carlos67v65pu, I would be interested to get some parts off these vans you saw in this yard. The emblems and mirrors are what I'm after, Sasktrini is looking for rear "Mercury" letters on back of van - me too.

Got more pictures about the yard above?? Wink
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Post by sasktrini Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:33 am

No 63Mercury... I have the rear door emblems... I was thinking of you, but there was someone else too... mind you, my trailer doesn't have the emblems... yeah I guess I was looking for some!

I actually do need a mirror exactly like the one on the drivers door of the Ford Heavy Duty in that pic... match the one I have already.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:28 am