VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Rebuild the Heater Box

toml
    toml

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2016-11-12

Rebuild the Heater Box Empty Rebuild the Heater Box

Post by toml Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:28 pm

EDIT: Weird, I had set one title and then asked a totally different question. I have a lot on my mind Very Happy

Hey everyone, so I have a 67 window van that went recently from "I'll just get the door painted" to a full scale restoration. As part of it, I pulled the heater box out, I want to get it apart as some of the internals are quite rusty at this point and I need to correct some stupid paint over spray from a previous owner. I know it's riveted together. I figured I could drill them out and replace them on assembly like I'm doing with my window division bars.

Has anyone had any luck with fully disassembling and re-assembling the heater box like that? Does anyone know the size of rivets I should order to replace them? I think I can measure them, but If anyone knows for sure that'd be great!
    bluesprint260
    bluesprint260

Number of posts : 41
    Registration date : 2018-06-22

Rebuild the Heater Box Empty Re: Rebuild the Heater Box

Post by bluesprint260 Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:46 pm

I'm not sure of the size but I used over the counter pop rivets and they look fine. The originals were not pop rivets but something I couldn't find.

Joel

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:12 pm