VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Ford Falcon Deluxe Club Wagon Transmission Fluid Change

ClassicCarGuy2
    ClassicCarGuy2

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2022-08-19

Ford Falcon Deluxe Club Wagon Transmission Fluid Change Empty Ford Falcon Deluxe Club Wagon Transmission Fluid Change

Post by ClassicCarGuy2 Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:30 am

OK, tool the Ford Falcon Deluxe Club Wagon to our local end-of-season Dave & Eds Canfield, OH Swap Meet; got some good offers but just not enough for me to unload at this time. Looks like I may keep her over the winter (unless the right offer comes) and do a little "tweaking". Few questions:

1. What fluid should I use, would you suggest for both the transmission and rear end; if different let me know.

2. Little noise (could be simply due to the van being an empty shell) when driving, possibly rear end or other; If I was to open, change either the rear end gears or transmission for repair or simply for better highway cruising; what would you suggest.

Appreciate any input.

Thanks

JPL
    Ohio
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Ford Falcon Deluxe Club Wagon Transmission Fluid Change Empty Re: Ford Falcon Deluxe Club Wagon Transmission Fluid Change

Post by donivan65 Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:38 am

If you got a manual transmission, it and the rear end would be happy with 80w-90 gear oil,,,,,,,and tomorrow this topic will be moved over to  "Between the seats E",  which is our Ford repair  section.

ClassicCarGuy2 likes this post

ClassicCarGuy2
    ClassicCarGuy2

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2022-08-19

Ford Falcon Deluxe Club Wagon Transmission Fluid Change Empty Re: Ford Falcon Deluxe Club Wagon Transmission Fluid Change

Post by ClassicCarGuy2 Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:41 am

Thank you, appreciate it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:06 am