VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Appraised value for 67 Falcon Club Wagon Deluxe

Bruce67Econoline
    Bruce67Econoline

Number of posts : 809
    Registration date : 2014-01-25

Appraised value for 67 Falcon Club Wagon Deluxe Empty Appraised value for 67 Falcon Club Wagon Deluxe

Post by Bruce67Econoline Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:17 pm

Well the appraiser for Nationwide insurance has come up with a value for my 67 Falcon Deluxe Club Wagon. He rates it as a 3 and gives it a value of $8k. Does any body have any sold comps for value. Any sold comps would help my cause. It is looking like they are going to total it and I may be on the hunt for a new van. This sucks as I have been enjoying my ride and sunk lot's of cash into getting it right. Any help would be appreciated
    diamond dave
    diamond dave

Number of posts : 565
    Registration date : 2012-04-24

Appraised value for 67 Falcon Club Wagon Deluxe Empty Re: Appraised value for 67 Falcon Club Wagon Deluxe

Post by diamond dave Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:42 pm

what exactly did the fire take out? just the carb and wiring, hoses etc? might be better off in the long run to bite the bullet and just redo the wiring and engine stuff, if it isn't too bad. would hate to see them total your van.
    diamond dave
    diamond dave

Number of posts : 565
    Registration date : 2012-04-24

Appraised value for 67 Falcon Club Wagon Deluxe Empty Re: Appraised value for 67 Falcon Club Wagon Deluxe

Post by diamond dave Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:43 pm

got any pics of the damage?
    Bruce67Econoline
    Bruce67Econoline

Post by Bruce67Econoline Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:18 am

Anything that could burn did. Alt, all hoses, coil ,new Mallory hei distrib, weber two barrel carb, wire harness, insulation, spark plug wires, starter, and the list goes on. I'm hoping if they total it I might be able to buy it back for a decent price. There is a lot I would swap out for another van that I installed since I bought it.
    RF Man
    RF Man

Number of posts : 120
    Registration date : 2014-03-14

Post by RF Man Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:28 am

Don't know how mechanically inclined you are, but 8K would go a long way into van restoration. If I liked the van, then I would take the insurance money and buy the van back from them. I could completely restore one of these vehicles and have money left over with 8K. Good Luck Mike
    Barnabas
    Barnabas
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2011
    Registration date : 2011-01-16

Post by Barnabas Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:43 pm

Just to be clear-the agent says it was worth $8K before the fire?
    What is the value now if you want to buy it back?

I had a fire under the hood like yours with no insurance, and it was salvageable.
    Bruce67Econoline
    Bruce67Econoline

Post by Bruce67Econoline Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:32 pm

Wheels are spinning lot's of options. It's going to be to much time, and work for me to restore myself.I have my eye on a really great deal for a a van I like. I will buy the other van, and swap out the upgrades I put in the old van. Then I will sell the old one for a project to some one else. Looking at the bright side, I probably shaved a year off of my resto timeline.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:57 pm