VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

Coming Home

Vanner63
    Vanner63

Number of posts : 235
    Registration date : 2010-11-11

Coming Home Empty Coming Home

Post by Vanner63 Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:41 am

I am hoping to see the return of one of my favorite trucks that I ever owned soon. If all goes well I will be buying back and shipping from Virginia to Texas the 1963 Epup that I sold back in 2012.

When my wife and I decided to move the family and business to Houston the second time, I had a collection of several vehicles. The Epup, a 1972 Econoline 300, an MG, a 1978 Ford Country Sedan station wagon and a 1976 Ford E 150 van. Each of these had been special order vehicles and the 1976 van and the 1978 Country Sedan were each 1 of 1. Only one of each of these two had been built to its specifications. Long story on each.

Well, the only one I kept was the 1976 van. The station wagon went quick. the MG finally sold, then the E 300 was sold and shipped to Belgium. I still have the 1976 van and it awaits restoration. It runs and drives but needs to be restored.

The Epup was running and driving very well when I sold it but the owner says it has issues staying running. Anyway, he is the guy I sold it to and he contacted me to let me know he was wanting to sell it as I had ask him to contact me first if he ever decided to sell the truck. I am awaiting more photos of the cab interior. So far the rest of the Epup looks like it did when I sold it except for some peeling paint.

I'll keep everyone posted as to the outcome.

By the way I changed my user name a while back from twday to Vanner63. So I've been on the site for a while.

A great day to everybody! Vanner63
    Vanner63
    Vanner63

Coming Home Empty Re: Coming Home

Post by Vanner63 Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:58 am

Well, an update on my 1963 Epup.

It finally arrived a couple of weeks ago. I got a bonus for the shipping. It was supposed to come in on an open carrier, but the company who ended up picking it up for transport had an enclosed trailer and so it was covered for the trip. That was a 500.00 bonus!

Anyway, sure enough it would not only stay running it would not start at all. Turn over yes, but not start and even try to run. Fuel, Check. Air, Check. Fire, Nope. Everything was OK power wise to all components. The culprit? At some point someone had left the ignition switch in the ON position and fried the points. Tuned it up and fired right up and runs quite well. Now, go through the brakes and then send it out to have the amateur bed liner coating remove. Overall the truck is as I sold it. Just a bit more rust issues but nothing serious. I'll probably do a rolling restoration as it will be my daily driver. Maybe one day in the future I'll restore it to mint condition and only drive it on sunny Saturdays and Sundays. Well, that's the story and looking forward to restoring and driving one of my favorite trucks I've ever owned and the first in my 48 years of owning and driving classics that I sold and bought back.
    Vanner63
    Vanner63

Post by Vanner63 Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:36 pm

Well, I need some help. It would seem that the right rear corner of my EPup is completely eaten up with rust so that the spring shackle mount is just hanging there. So I need sheet metal from a donor EPup. Actually I would buy both sides if someone has them for sale. Any herlp would be greatly appreciated.

Seth G likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:12 am