VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

A100 Seat Hardware for Install

newbie78
    newbie78

Number of posts : 18
    Registration date : 2019-01-27

A100 Seat Hardware for Install Empty A100 Seat Hardware for Install

Post by newbie78 Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:48 pm

Hello All,

Just finished reupholstering the seats for my '68 A100.  I managed to find the seat mounting track assemblies, as well as the U bars, but unfortunately, the bolts to fasten the tracks to the seats themselves were not included.  

1.  Anyone know what size bolts I need to screw the track assembly down to the seats?

2.  What bolt (pin?) or hardware to I need to lock the track assembly to the top of the U bar (and top of wheel well) once it's set in place?  

3.  Does anyone happen to have what I need and willing to sell?  

Many thanks!

Jerry A.

Number of posts : 434
    Registration date : 2016-10-18

A100 Seat Hardware for Install Empty Re: A100 Seat Hardware for Install

Post by 69 Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:58 pm

I do not have exact numbers and it's been like 5 years since I did the seat tracks. Perhaps the picture helps a little; I'd _guess_ it's a 1/2" screw.

The seat-to-U-bar connection is secured by a dowel pin. That dowel pin is slightly coned on one end and the have a small ring (like at your key chain) on the other (through-hole through the pin). That eases removal a little. On the slightly coned side, there are two spring loaded small balls to secure this other side, while still making easy removal possible. If that's not available (I have no spares), I'd suggest to take a short cylinder with a diameter fitting the holes through the track and U-bar (just slightly smaller), drill two holes at each end, take your key-chain ring on one side and a splint (easier to remove) on the other side. Sorry, no pic at hand right now. Maybe someone else can chime in to post a pic of that special dowel pin. (if not, let me know and I'll try to take a pic, but that'll take some time).

A100 Seat Hardware for Install DSC_0201

gmytych likes this post

newbie78
    newbie78

Number of posts : 18
    Registration date : 2019-01-27

Post by newbie78 Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:30 pm

I'm thinking it might be 8mm -- will start with that.  

I also found these 3" locking pins (quick release) that I saw someone else use to lock everything in place (on a youtube video).

[url=https://servimg.com/view/20031102/3]A100 Seat Hardware for Install Quick_11

gmytych likes this post

Number of posts : 434
    Registration date : 2016-10-18

Post by 69 Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:00 am

Those locking pins are perfect, it's what I tried to describe. Smile

gmytych likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:01 pm