VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Advice on window gaskets/weatherstripping

Otto
    Otto

Number of posts : 125
    Registration date : 2020-09-02

Advice on window gaskets/weatherstripping Empty Advice on window gaskets/weatherstripping

Post by Otto Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:40 pm

I'm at the point of putting the windows back in my van. I'm interested in what other vanners have used and what they thought of them. The last time I ordered parts from Mac's, they just sent me repackaged Dennis Carpenter parts and marked them up.

Thanks
    Marq
    Marq

Number of posts : 89
    Registration date : 2017-04-09

Advice on window gaskets/weatherstripping Empty Re: Advice on window gaskets/weatherstripping

Post by Marq Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:06 pm

Here is my post on door rebuild from a couple years ago!

https://vintage-vans.forumotion.com/t56931-door-rebuild
    Otto
    Otto

Number of posts : 125
    Registration date : 2020-09-02

Advice on window gaskets/weatherstripping Empty Re: Advice on window gaskets/weatherstripping

Post by Otto Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:59 am

Thanks for posting your door glass tutorial Marq. I'm procrastinating doing the door glass because I'm sure it will be a headache.

I did order window gaskets from Dennis Carpenter and they arrived yesterday. They look good and the label says "Made in USA", so we'll see how they work out.
    Seth G
    Seth G
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

Post by Seth G Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:49 pm

The vent window seals tend to be the most problematic ones. Last I heard Tim, member EconoUSAparts, was trying to have some manufactured that fit better and he was finally successful. I would contact Tim. I bought glass runs from him and was happy with the fit. I've also heard his door seals are better.

https://vintage-vans.forumotion.com/t49062-vent-window-seal
    Carl

Number of posts : 143
    Registration date : 2011-01-25

Post by Carl Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:02 pm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 9:59 pm