VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Source for pop out rear window gaskets?

Keith D
    Keith D

Number of posts : 405
    Registration date : 2016-11-25

Source for pop out rear window gaskets? Empty Source for pop out rear window gaskets?

Post by Keith D Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:28 pm

I want to install the "pop out" windows, the kind without the frame around the glass in my 67. Does anyone know of a source for the glass gasket for a frameless pop open style window?

I'm not sure if the frameless window was available in 67, would there be any issue in converting to a pop open style from a fixed glass window. I have the glass with the three holes in it, the hinges, and the latch setup for two windows. I believe all I need now is the gasket ?

Any information is appreciated.

Last edited by Keith D on Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
    Keith D
    Keith D

Source for pop out rear window gaskets? Empty Re: Source for pop out rear window gaskets?

Post by Keith D Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:44 pm

I looked for a couple of hours and could not find the gasket, then soon as I post I find one. Go figure.

Well thanks anyway...
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Source for pop out rear window gaskets? Empty Re: Source for pop out rear window gaskets?

Post by vanny Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:51 am

Did you purchase from a private source or was it online? If Online, could you list the site you purchased from so that others in the future could possibly purchase from the same seller? Please and Thank You Very Happy

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    Keith D
    Keith D

Post by Keith D Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:58 am

vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:19 pm

Thanks Keith!

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:03 pm