VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Brakes and Master Cylinder rebuild

falconfp2001
    falconfp2001

Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2020-09-12

Brakes and Master Cylinder rebuild Empty Brakes and Master Cylinder rebuild

Post by falconfp2001 Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:46 pm

Started pulling the passenger side rear brakes apart the other day but decided I would also pull out the Master Cylinder today. I got some really good rust remover and inhibitor. It's called Krud Kutter
    Worked great on some of the parts but some just disintegrated.
    Kind of amazing stuff. Even though this stuff is fantastic. I'm replacing most of the Rear drum parts.
    Not the drum. It looks good but the backing plate is so rusty. I have to sand smooth the pads where the shoes rest. There are very pitted. Then I'm going to use Corrosealon the front and back of the plate. The Cylinder didn't want to come off and one of the hard lines had a leak so I'm replacing the rear lines and cylinders. I'm thinking of replacing the parking break cables from the equalizing arm to the brakes because they seem to be rusted in the tubes. Probably safer to replace. I found some interesting stuff on the belly pan before I was able to pull the MC.
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Brakes and Master Cylinder rebuild Empty Re: Brakes and Master Cylinder rebuild

Post by vanny Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:02 pm

Interesting stuff on the belly pan? Please tell us more... you’ve got me hooked, reel me in...gotta know what was on the belly pan???

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    jrdunn96
    jrdunn96

Number of posts : 690
    Registration date : 2016-01-01

Post by jrdunn96 Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:45 pm

Raytown, MO huh? If we're starting a pool (gambling), I want Opossum, Opossum parts and/or nest.
    Just kidding,
    Jim

falconfp2001 likes this post

gunther911

Number of posts : 21
    Registration date : 2018-11-20

Post by gunther911 Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:06 pm

Bruins Brakes on eBay now makes the rear parking brake cables for the 65-67. I sent him drawing and they worked perfect. If not listed on eBay yet send him message.
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:57 pm

At-A-Boy Gunther! Nice to have options available for these vans! cheers cheers cheers

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:35 pm