VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Early style brakes. Master cylinder.

zboy403

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2010-07-08

Early style brakes. Master cylinder. Empty Early style brakes. Master cylinder.

Post by zboy403 Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:01 pm

Ok so i have searched and googled, and can't make up my mind.

I just bought a 65' window van complete with no brakes! I found that the line right behind the front left wheel has a hole and when pushing the pedal it just oozes fluid. I ordered new wheel cylinders all around, front lines and will pick up new hard line to bend up from NAPA once i know the diameter ect.. My question is with master cylinders. I understand that the '67 and later is better because of the twin resevior. But I am rather new to auto sides of things as I am more of a bike guy. The twin reservoir separates rear brakes from front? Are any of you running single master cylinders? I want to pull it apart and rebuild my single just to know its safe. I would like to keep things simple and aren't opposed to doing the mod later, but would like to rebuild what i have and run it. Anyone see anything wrong with my thought process??

Oh and do any of you guys know off hand the size hard line i need to get?

Thanks in advance!

Zach.
    chicanoline

Number of posts : 87
    Registration date : 2010-06-02

Early style brakes. Master cylinder. Empty brakes

Post by chicanoline Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:32 am

Hey Bro,
    I got my mc from D&D brakes in oregon. Very helpfull very easy to do. If you are gonna have yours out your half done with Dennis kit. It cost me about 385.00 shipped mc, brake switch that is very sweet. works nice if you are gonna run new lines and do all that.
    I don't have his number right now but I will post it later.
    Johnny
    Early style brakes. Master cylinder. 10410
    Early style brakes. Master cylinder. 10310
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Early style brakes. Master cylinder. Empty Re: Early style brakes. Master cylinder.

Post by EconoUSAparts Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:11 pm

If you every experience loss of brakes,you'll wish you installed the dual. Better safe than sorry. If you are replacing lines,now would be the time for the upgrade to dual. Dennis at D and D can be reached at 541-760-2432
    I know many people running his setup with no reported problems whatsoever.
    EconoCarl
    EconoCarl

Number of posts : 1109
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Early style brakes. Master cylinder. Empty Re: Early style brakes. Master cylinder.

Post by EconoCarl Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:23 pm

I can also vouch for Dennis's master cylinder conversion. Great set-up, wasn't that hard to install and it's nice knowing that if the m/c goes out later that a replacement is available everywhere!

Carl

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:05 am