VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

77 manual tyranny drain and fill pug

joshuaesp
    joshuaesp

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2016-07-21

77 manual tyranny drain and fill pug  Empty 77 manual tyranny drain and fill pug

Post by joshuaesp Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:18 pm

I have a 77 G10 Chevy with a 3 speed manual transmission. I got slider door with windows from junk yard and just painted it with plasti dip artwork on the outside and fixed up the inside. I will post pics later on

But now just getting to work on it and today while fixing rust under the van I noticed it might be seeping tranny fluid. I drive it quite a bit.  I notice a little fluid seeping.

It looks like a very very slow seeping not a big leak, but I am thinking of going on a road trip so I want to top it off. They guy i bought the truck from did not care for it properly, it runs well but  after driving it for a year I think i should make sure that fluid if full.

I want help to confirm if I am right in see what is the fill and drain plug before I start messing with it. I also need to know what fluid is needed for a 77 manual  

Is this the fill plug?  on the right passenger side of the tranny about half way up. but the thing i see there has a square headed bolt.
    77 manual tyranny drain and fill pug  Img_2010

77 manual tyranny drain and fill pug  Tranny10

____
    is this the drain plug... hard to get my camera to get a straight on pic because of a horizontal frame bar but it is on the lowest part of the back of the tyranny in the center. its covered in crud but you can see it. 77 manual tyranny drain and fill pug  Img_2012

77 manual tyranny drain and fill pug  Tranny11

and theses are numbers writen upside down on the tranny
    77 manual tyranny drain and fill pug  Img_2011

77 manual tyranny drain and fill pug  Tranny12

Any help appreciated. is it quite a great truck, I want to keep it on the road.

77 manual tyranny drain and fill pug  Pixels10

Last edited by vanny on Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:38 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added pics at 640 pixels so they would'nt get cut off.)
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

77 manual tyranny drain and fill pug  Empty Re: 77 manual tyranny drain and fill pug

Post by donivan65 Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:34 pm

Ok,,,,,,this section is for the Earlys,,,,,,,and your post will be moved over to the Early Enough forum tomorrow,,,,the ones with hoods, and you can continue from there,,,,,,,choose 640 for resolution so your pictures dont get cut off,,,,,,,that sure is the fill plug for your trans,,,,it sure would like to have 85-90w oil put in there until it runs out the hole,,,,,,no drain plug,,,,,got to suck it out through that hole if you want to get rid of old oil,,,,,,,

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:48 am