VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

WANTED: history information. Build numbers, options available, credible sources

kookykrispy
    kookykrispy

Number of posts : 1533
    Registration date : 2009-05-22

WANTED:  history information.  Build numbers, options available, credible sources Empty WANTED: history information. Build numbers, options available, credible sources

Post by kookykrispy Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:05 am

Hey gang, I am going to start editing the 'Chevrolet Van' wikipedia article. I'd like everyone's help in compiling credible facts about the history of our vans. I need to know any historical facts like where they were built, how many were built in each year, what engines were available and i need a SOURCE to back up the statements of fact.

I would also like information on the history of the sportvan, sportvan custom and sportvan deluxe... and any info on the GMC handi-van as well as handi-bus
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

WANTED:  history information.  Build numbers, options available, credible sources Empty Re: WANTED: history information. Build numbers, options available, credible sources

Post by donivan65 Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:18 am

some 2nd Gen info from Chilton,,,,,

WANTED:  history information.  Build numbers, options available, credible sources 1967-610

WANTED:  history information.  Build numbers, options available, credible sources 1969-710

WANTED:  history information.  Build numbers, options available, credible sources Empty Re: WANTED: history information. Build numbers, options available, credible sources

Post by Guest Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:45 am

kookykrispy
    kookykrispy

Post by kookykrispy Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:32 pm

Thanks guys! I've been doing alot of editing on the Wikipedia Chevrolet Van page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Van

It still needs alot of work. As a side note, I just bought the yellow orange '64 1st gen van that is in the pic!!!
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:49 pm

There was a post here at sometime that had production #'s for Chevy's, but no GMC #'s. And as of yet have have ever seen production #'s for GMC's. I know all that infor must be out there or someone @ GM has it. I think we have just not found the right person that has all the No#'s we need.
    kookykrispy
    kookykrispy

Post by kookykrispy Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:39 pm

Van-itti just posted it on the VCVC website. but I want to know the source!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:31 pm