VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

1964/65 Chevy van Factory Options what were they and does anyone have any information about mine ?

suicidepan
    suicidepan

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2012-09-18

1964/65 Chevy van Factory Options what were they and does anyone have any information about mine ?   Empty 1964/65 Chevy van Factory Options what were they and does anyone have any information about mine ?

Post by suicidepan Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:35 pm

Hello ,
    I`m new to this site and want to know if anyone has a list of Factory Options that were available for the 1964/65 Chevy vans that they could share with me. My van has some options that appear to be factory that I`m trying to find some information about. My van has what appear to be Factory front bumper over riders. These over riders are original to the bumper and do not appear to be after market. My van has it`s original 10 bolt 3:36 posi rear end and mounted to the bottom of the rear end it has a flat brace that runs from drum to drum under the center section and appears to be for adding rear end housing strength. My van also has a air conditioning unit that is painted in the same color as the interior color it looks to have been there since the van was new. Lastly does anyone know who the maker of my louvered glass side window is ?? Any help is appreciated and I`ll try and post more pictures later I only have pictures of the front over riders right now. Thank you
    1964/65 Chevy van Factory Options what were they and does anyone have any information about mine ?   DSC09373_zpsceddf7c8
    1964/65 Chevy van Factory Options what were they and does anyone have any information about mine ?   DSC09385_zpsaed310c1
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

1964/65 Chevy van Factory Options what were they and does anyone have any information about mine ?   Empty Re: 1964/65 Chevy van Factory Options what were they and does anyone have any information about mine ?

Post by RodStRace Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:30 pm

Welcome to the site!
    Those front bumper parts sure do not look factory!
    I'll defer to the Bowtie guys for the rest.
    You can find amazing amounts of original factory literature on EBay if you really want the info, but even then stuff got printed before release, so it may be a bit off.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=1965+chevy+van

Bet you want this one!
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Chevrolet-Chevy-Van-Dealer-Sales-Brochure-Catalog-/370610443393?pt=Motors_Manuals_Literature&hash=item564a1a9481&vxp=mtr
    1964/65 Chevy van Factory Options what were they and does anyone have any information about mine ?   $(KGrHqJ,!r!E-ZUiTK-hBPpMj-3K5Q~~60_58
    ditdater
    ditdater

Number of posts : 590
    Registration date : 2010-11-06

1964/65 Chevy van Factory Options what were they and does anyone have any information about mine ?   Empty YEUP !

Post by ditdater Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:10 pm

again, welcome to web site . cool pics (throw up more if poss), van looks nice .
    i bought 2 nos pair of those bumper guards off ebay this spring (not sure which will use) , chrome and other set white . one came w/ orig box labeled ,,, Guard Unit - Front Bumper G-10 Series
    1 Kit -# 986618

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10
    Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!
    vanner68
    vanner68

Number of posts : 655
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

1964/65 Chevy van Factory Options what were they and does anyone have any information about mine ?   Empty Re: 1964/65 Chevy van Factory Options what were they and does anyone have any information about mine ?

Post by vanner68 Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:14 pm

A lot of what you list are dealer installed options, like A/C. The strap on the rear is probably an owner mod, it's common in the off road community.
    The louvered windows are an RV item. Hehr made them, but that style has been out of production for quite a while. You might be able to get hardware still.

suicidepan
    suicidepan

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2012-09-18

Post by suicidepan Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:45 pm

Thanks for the info guys I love this van I just drove it 200 miles only stopping for gas once, cruised 65mph in100 heat and she never got hotter than 180 degrees she's a great runner. The van has a 292cu in straight six with split headers, offenhauser intake, Carter competition AFB four barrel carb and electronic ignition. The tranny is a full syncro three speed Saginaw three on the tree set up and I have an aluminum radiator. Keep the great info coming and I'll get some new pics up soon.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:09 am