VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Looking for an early Doghouse Cover

misterbee
    misterbee

Number of posts : 70
    Registration date : 2014-12-30

Looking for an early Doghouse Cover Empty Looking for an early Doghouse Cover

Post by misterbee Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:11 pm

I'm thinking about adding an airbox to the front of the doghouse in my 1962 ePup restomod.

I'd love to extend the ribbed look of the top of the doghouse (see image below).

If you have an extra doghouse top that you would be willing to sell me, please let me know via PM.

It will be very difficult to match the ribbing otherwise.

Doghouse Lid
    Looking for an early Doghouse Cover Doghou10
    Wolfster
    Wolfster

Number of posts : 140
    Registration date : 2016-08-27

Looking for an early Doghouse Cover Empty Re: Looking for an early Doghouse Cover

Post by Wolfster Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:01 pm

You couldn't splice a section from a later one in the middle somewhere and keeping the front of yours? I didn't know there was a difference other than height and the front section.
    misterbee
    misterbee

Looking for an early Doghouse Cover Empty Re: Looking for an early Doghouse Cover

Post by misterbee Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:51 pm

I think a later one would be fine. I know the size changed a bit once the 240 ci engine became available.

I really only need the center (ribbed) section to build the air box.
    Wolfster
    Wolfster

Post by Wolfster Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:35 pm

Give me the length you need front to back. I'll add a couple inches to it so your guys can trim it to what they need. You can reply to me here on this forum.  For future reference, my e-mail is: wolfster255@aol.com

Last edited by Wolfster on Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Wolfster
    Wolfster

Post by Wolfster Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:42 pm

A lot easier, and cheaper to you, to send you approximately what you need.
    misterbee
    misterbee

Post by misterbee Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:19 am

@wolfster I sent you a PM and an email.
    Wolfster
    Wolfster

Post by Wolfster Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:34 pm

Got it, and left a message on your phone at approximately 3:20 so we could cut out the msg and email stuff.
    misterbee
    misterbee

Post by misterbee Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:44 pm

We talked! What an awesome group of folks we have here.
    Wolfster
    Wolfster

Post by Wolfster Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:47 am

misterbee wrote:We talked! What an awesome group of folks we have here.

Yes we did and yes they are an awesome group of owners! When I first joined this forum I think I spent 2-3 days just reading the Econoline specific sections, and then the General Discussion section as there is a lot of information to be had there also. The nice thing is while the forum a little slower paced than the FB pages, I feel the information to be had here is a little more detailed and a lot less arguing who is right and who is wrong lol. But, again, a great group of members who have helped me with just the information given.

And, for those of you who don't know, my name is Gary. Born in Germany and my mother named me Wolfgang. I was stuck with that moniker for 13 days until my father came back from an assignment and said: "Oh hell no!". lol My mother only knew 3 American names: Gary for Gary Cooper, Dwight for Dwight Eisenhower, and Dagwood for some cartoon character. Luckily I was named for the first two lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:39 pm