VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

my new to me 66 pick-up

my new to me 66 pick-up Empty my new to me 66 pick-up

Post by Guest Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:52 pm

[img][/imgmy new to me 66 pick-up 6611]

Found this one with a 300 swap, offy intake, header, 390 holley, cam.
    C4, 9 inch, disc brakes, 67 m/c, Of course completely rust free.
    Been sitting since 08, has a pulled rocker stud
    Also came with the bed filled with spare parts.

my new to me 66 pick-up Empty Re: my new to me 66 pick-up

Post by Guest Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:07 pm

Good find. Anymore pics?

my new to me 66 pick-up Empty 66 pictures

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:54 pm

[img]http://i47.s[url=https://servimg.com/view/14779233/27]my new to me 66 pick-up 66-210ervimg.my new to me 66 pick-up 66-310com/my new to me 66 pick-up 66-410u/f47/14/77/92/33/66-1_210.jpg[/img][/url]

Here are some more pictures, replaced the rocker studs,rebuilt the carb, drained the old fuel, changed oil, added 1/2 gallon ATF. Fired right off!

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:15 pm

Motorhead how long and wide is that box on the side of the doghouse that allows for the air cleaner and carb to fit and how far from the back end of the side is it placed? Also is that an air vent I see and what kind of scoop do you have for it? I am making a box similar to yours but I am making it out of the front panel of another dog house and part of the lid from another doghouse. My motor isn't in yet so I have no way of knowing how big to make the box or where to weld it to the dog house.

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:25 pm

here are the scoops I just bought for my 61 pickup.

my new to me 66 pick-up Tfk3_110

my cold air intake will look something like this but I am thinking of going with a version of ram air if I have room for it.

my new to me 66 pick-up Cold_a10

my new to me 66 pick-up Empty 66 doghouse

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:52 pm

[img]http:[url=https://servimg.com/view/14779233/31]my new to me 66 pick-up Doghou11//i47.servimg.com/u/f47/14/77/92/33/doghou10.jpg[/img][/url]

Funny, Thats what I am working on now! Previous owner didnt do such a good job on it, So im redoing it. Hopefully the pictures will help you see where the carb sits. The cut out is 2" in the back, 6" from the floor and cut out width is 12".Carb sticks out about 3", so Im gonna go with 4". Hopefully I will have time to built my new one this week. That damn job keeps getting in the way! The thing on the cab side is the aux saddle tanks,Thats a great idea, I wasn't looking forward to filling in those holes, I can just remove them and plumb a fresh air intake.
    my new to me 66 pick-up Doghou12

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:22 pm

I am taking mine all the way to the floor and cutting out the floor in that area to allow for more air in the DH. I am using the front of a doghouse so I can have a stock latch and the front of the DH lid so I can latch them together and get a good seal. That way it will look more stock I hope. Does the carb stick out 4" or does the sir filter stick out that far? I am using a polished Edelbrock 500 4 barrel carb on my Offy intake.

my new to me 66 pick-up Copy_212

my new to me 66 pick-up Empty doghouse

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:46 pm

The air cleaner is 10" dia, It is roughly the same width as the holley.
    The intake itself at the carb base sticks out roughly 1".
    So if you mount your carb in the forward position as your picture shows, you would need to measure the carb overhang plus 1". and of course your desired distance to doghouse
    my new to me 66 pick-up Doghou13

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:27 pm

Thanks, that helps a lot.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:01 pm