VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

change points to electronic ignition

hud
    hud

Number of posts : 23
    Registration date : 2012-03-05

change points to electronic ignition Empty change points to electronic ignition

Post by hud Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:54 am

looking for advice on changing my points and condenser over to electronic ignition. what is best to use for my 66 econoline pick up? I have a 240 ci  6cyl. Everything is original on motor except the oil bath cleaner. changed to paper. Its been hard to start and running rough lately. should i change the coil also? what kind of condenser and coil? Truck was running good all summer until i tried to start it Sunday. Any input would help. Thanks, Hud
    jdlaugh
    jdlaugh

Number of posts : 298
    Registration date : 2013-03-18

change points to electronic ignition Empty Re: change points to electronic ignition

Post by jdlaugh Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:24 am

This topic has been discussed a few times. The main choices are Duraspark II or Petronix. The Duraspark system was used on the late 70s/80s f150 with the 300 ci engines. That distributor is a direct drop in for the 240. Pretty well documented around the web.

https://vintage-vans.forumotion.com/t1422-electronic-ignition
    hud
    hud

Number of posts : 23
    Registration date : 2012-03-05

change points to electronic ignition Empty Re: change points to electronic ignition

Post by hud Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:55 am

thanks for the info, Hud

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:52 pm