VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

A100 Early / Late Seat Mounts

A100 Early / Late Seat Mounts Empty A100 Early / Late Seat Mounts

Post by Guest Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:07 pm

Is there a difference between the seats mounts for 65 and 69 seat brackets? I have set of seats from a 65 but when I put them I the 69 PU, they are about 1.5" too far inboard.

I might have to redrill the seat frame holes so everything lines up.

Thanks
    Dan Scully
    Dan Scully

Number of posts : 254
    Registration date : 2016-07-30

A100 Early / Late Seat Mounts Empty Re: A100 Early / Late Seat Mounts

Post by Dan Scully Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:28 pm

The early ones have a pin in the seat bottom that has a spring catch in the seat base, the seat can pivot forward by just pulling up. The later ones have 4 pins that you can pivot the seat forward by removing the back pins or remove the seat entirely by taking all 4 pins out. The front seat brackets are in the same location on both ,the back ones are different between the years and welded in a slightly different position. The early seats you only have to remove the front pins to take the seat out.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:54 am

Thanks, Dan, I got the pins figured out, but the seat brackets seem to be off by about 1.5" side to side. The driver's seat is hitting the engine cover and has 2" between the seat at the door frame.
    Dan Scully
    Dan Scully

Number of posts : 254
    Registration date : 2016-07-30

Post by Dan Scully Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:58 am

The set I put in my 68 where from a 65. I used the rear seat brackets from the 65. We did have to position them slightly different when we welded them in but did nothing to the seat tracks itself. Was there a change in 69 ?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:53 am