VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

I need a part, if anyone has one :(

rallen
    rallen

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2016-03-01

I need a part, if anyone has one :( Empty I need a part, if anyone has one :(

Post by rallen Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:02 pm

Hi, I'm a NEW member. I've been in the 1948-72 F-100 parts business for going on 34 years. I used to have a 64 E-100, and will find another one before the year is out (i hope). The reason for this post is, I need at least 1 of the 6" molding SPEAR POINTS (like on the front door of this truck). I have a roll form machine (and rollers) to make ALL the straight pieces of molding, but I need one of these for a pattern to try to make a die to stamp these. I know that the econoline has another style molding kit that is much more desirable, but I don't have access or the dies to do that style. I have these already made, and went to Florida last week to get them BRIGHT DIP anodized to protect them from acid rain. Once I can get the spear points make, I will be able to offer complete sets for the long & short W/B van, and the pick-up. They will be like factory original's with a very bright luster.

As of now, I'm not soliciting and trying to sell anything, just trying to find a part. Even if I can get one with slight scratches or minor dents, I can have them taken out and straightened, THEN use it for a pattern. I hope someone can steer me in the right direction. Thanks Rick.

I need a part, if anyone has one :( 1965_f10
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

I need a part, if anyone has one :( Empty Re: I need a part, if anyone has one :(

Post by econopoor Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:14 pm

How about one with a screw hole in it??

Duane.
    rallen
    rallen

I need a part, if anyone has one :( Empty Re: I need a part, if anyone has one :(

Post by rallen Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:19 pm

That was pretty quick Duane. I don't think that will hender us from getting the measurements, or the shapes & sizes.
    What do you want for it? Let me know.

I still want to leave this up and see if anybody also has a good one in case the screw hole does cause a problem.
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Post by econopoor Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:45 pm

Lets see if you get an offer on a better one. I have several pieces of the narrow trim that I have been saving for my trucks. I'm very reluctant to let go of a nice piece. They are hard to find as you know of you wouldn't be wanting to make new parts. I'm having a hard time finding good drivers side long pieces. I have two nice passenger side pieces for the pickups but need the others. One of them is mounted upside down on a friends van and I'd like to replace it with the correct piece. I'm very interested in your project.

I need a part, if anyone has one :( IMG_20141028_125132381-vi

I bought this truck just to get the side trim from it.

I need a part, if anyone has one :( DSC05950-vi

This is the van that has the pickup trim upside down on the drivers side.

Duane
    rallen
    rallen

Post by rallen Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:22 pm

If you're worried, and I can't blame you, by all means keep them. I may not need your good ones. I'll try to work with the one that has the screw hole, IF you want to sell it, OR wait for a better one to show up. This project has been a year in the works anyway, and I just got back on it and started my search for one of these last Friday.

I've been making the 10 piece body molding kits for the 1965-66 F-100's since 1989. The moldings from the end of the bed to half way up the door are the same molding as you have. The hood molding narrows off to about an 1" wide at the pointed tip. That's why I can't use those. And, you can't use the molding off a LONG bed truck because they are only 99 1/2" and yours is right around 103".

I made 13 whole sets for the s/wb Van, and 3 sets for the s/wb pickup, that I plan to sell (as sets) without the spear points, until I can get a die made to stamp them.

But since you have 2 good ones, I can strip, and polish them, send them back to you with the address of the anodizer who anodized these molding (so they all match), and sell you a set of moldings for your whole truck for 525.00 + 62.40 for shipping (with clips). I just don't have the correct clip for the spear point. Then you will have a whole NEW set.

rallen
    rallen

Post by rallen Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:55 pm

When I started this venture a year ago, I had a dude in New Mexico send me ALL his moldings to get the measurements off of. This was his GOOD spear point. I had to test fit it to the new molings I made (the new molding in this photo has clear plastic on it) so it doesn't get scratched before the anodizer gets it.

One of his BAD spear point....before I stripped, straightened (the best I could for what I had to work with)....

One of them both polished....

And one of some of the 10" pieces on the passenger side of the van (complete and anodized)...

I need a part, if anyone has one :( Econ_m12

I need a part, if anyone has one :( Econ_m13

I need a part, if anyone has one :( Econ_m14

I need a part, if anyone has one :( Econ_s10

You can also go to this facebook link https://www.facebook.com/CarolinaClassicsObsoleteFordTrucks

and see the moldings

econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Post by econopoor Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:42 pm

I sent a PM on facebook.
    Duane.
    Abitibi
    Abitibi
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 479
    Registration date : 2014-06-23

Post by Abitibi Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:57 pm

rallen
    rallen

Post by rallen Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:51 pm

You're right Mr. David, that's not cheap. That's okay, I think I have one coming, of course it's not cheap either. BUT what I have to pay for this one will be worth it in more than one way. I can't wait until this deal is done.
    Thanks for letting me know though.
    Abitibi
    Abitibi

Number of posts : 479
    Registration date : 2014-06-23

Post by Abitibi Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:33 pm

No worries, just get her done! Hahaha
    vkarppinen
    vkarppinen

Number of posts : 119
    Registration date : 2015-08-28

Post by vkarppinen Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:22 am

I wish I seen this forum sooner. I have just one piece of trim for my 66, and that tip is the piece. I will definitely be interested in a complete set soon. have to save some pennies as im in a little deep with a complete engine overhaul at this time.

I will be in need of a set for a 66 extended .

talk to you soon.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:16 pm