VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Transmission cooler line hoses (rubber ones)

gary h
    gary h

Number of posts : 474
    Registration date : 2012-10-19

Transmission cooler line hoses (rubber ones) Empty Transmission cooler line hoses (rubber ones)

Post by gary h Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:05 pm

Has anyone replaced their Trans.cooler rubber hoses ,Mine are nearly 50 years old and I want to replace them . Where to buy? The metal tubes are fine. It is a '68 Pick-up ,318 cheers
    jkr
    jkr

Number of posts : 1148
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Transmission cooler line hoses (rubber ones) Empty Re: Transmission cooler line hoses (rubber ones)

Post by jkr Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:12 am

do NOT use anything but proper hose. "KV" is designed for fuel lines only but it shows up on a lot of transmission cooler lines. there is proper trans lines or a better choice is high pressure and high temperature power steering hose. it is by far the best to use but not designed for long lengths "over 3' ". most hose is marked on the casing for it's use. just don't use fuel line "KV" hose..
    busman78
    busman78

Number of posts : 483
    Registration date : 2012-07-11

Transmission cooler line hoses (rubber ones) Empty Re: Transmission cooler line hoses (rubber ones)

Post by busman78 Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:36 am

The hose will be marked for TRANSMISSION use, do not let the auto parts sell you fuel hose, even FI fuel hose, it is not correct, I have purchased transmission hose at NAPA and O'Reilly.
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:35 am

Thats true!! NAPA! also- I have used the fuel line -its not as strong as tranny hose on pressure!! yet mine ONLY Lasted 30 Years too!! affraid Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
    busman78
    busman78

Post by busman78 Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:46 am

Transmission cooler line probably has less than 20 psi, it is the type of fluid and heat (+/-200*) which breaks down the inner core of non PS/Trans hose, if any old hose would work they would not make a specific hose and charge accordingly.
    gary h
    gary h

Post by gary h Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:10 pm

Thanks guys for the tips on the correct type hose for trans. fluid. However I am looking for the factory style rubber hoses that mount inline with the metal lines.
    The rubber hoses are 8" long, Brass ends, male threaded on one end and female threads on the other end.    
     My metal lines are great and I don't want to cobble up universal rubber hoses. I am hoping to find the original style.
    busman78
    busman78

Post by busman78 Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:11 am

Head over to your nearest hose store, take your old hoses and have then make you up a new set.
    gary h
    gary h

Transmission cooler line hoses (rubber ones) Empty Update on Hoses

Post by gary h Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:01 pm

I had a pair of hoses made Locally today, 90.00 for two! cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:58 am