VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Relocating the Ballast resister and Battery solenoid.

BADBADGER
    BADBADGER

Number of posts : 246
    Registration date : 2009-05-15

Relocating the Ballast resister and Battery solenoid.  Empty Relocating the Ballast resister and Battery solenoid.

Post by BADBADGER Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:14 pm

Has anyone removed the ballast resistor and battery solenoid from the inside of the dog box to a more convenient location? Dodge A100.

Relocating the Ballast resister and Battery solenoid.  Empty Re: Relocating the Ballast resister and Battery solenoid.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:55 am

No, why? What's wrong with the factory location?
    BADBADGER
    BADBADGER

Number of posts : 246
    Registration date : 2009-05-15

Relocating the Ballast resister and Battery solenoid.  Empty Re: Relocating the Ballast resister and Battery solenoid.

Post by BADBADGER Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:31 pm

To get it off the back of the the dog box and make removing the db easier.
    rustytoolss
    rustytoolss

Number of posts : 624
    Registration date : 2013-07-19

Post by rustytoolss Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:56 am

I see no problem in relocating those items, if it make working on your van easier. Myself I've changed my ignition system to using the GM 4 prong HEI unit. Mounted on the outside of the dog house. (you can goggle GM HEI to mopar) if intesested. In this system you completely remove the ballast, as it is not needed. One less thing to go bad. And you can get a GM 4 prong at any parts store.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:10 am