VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

Mopars- uze Guys know who you are!!

Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Mopars- uze Guys know who you are!! Empty Mopars- uze Guys know who you are!!

Post by Twinpilot001 Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:16 pm

andrew carter
    andrew carter

Number of posts : 465
    Registration date : 2011-09-04

Mopars- uze Guys know who you are!! Empty Re: Mopars- uze Guys know who you are!!

Post by andrew carter Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:10 pm

mopars are never junk !
    Barnabas
    Barnabas
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2011
    Registration date : 2011-01-16

Mopars- uze Guys know who you are!! Empty Re: Mopars- uze Guys know who you are!!

Post by Barnabas Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:38 pm

There is nothing unusual about a large collection of vehicles hiding in the Carolinas. I know of a guy in North Carolina with a large collection of vintage Econoline vans. Wait! That's me I'm talking about.
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:03 pm

Wow, what a nice collection and Barnabas, one of these days if I'm ever down that way, I'd love to see that collection of yours!!! Econoline heaven! What a Face

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:34 am

I am surprised =rod st race didnt chime in!!?? lol! lol! lol!
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:46 pm

I heard that Rod was last seen headed for the hills of Carolina!!! lol!

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:49 pm

I have met Ryan (author of the article) before and saw the article posted on another site.

I don't have the money or patience to do full-on restorations. Heck, I don't have the cash to buy a clapped out but desirable project!

Those are some of the reasons I dig vans; the buy-in is low, there isn't a big push to 'restore to stock', I don't have to compete against millionaires for limited NOS 'correct' parts, I don't have to research the correct finish of each part, I can paint it, plate it, polish it and assemble it how I want and not have someone at a show critique how 'correct' it is or complain that I didn't do it right or that it doesn't match the build date or data tag.
    I appreciate those incredible efforts, but that's not me. I dig the history, but would prefer to go my own way.

Mopars- uze Guys know who you are!! David-spade-joe-dirt-hemi-dodge-car-auction-0119-480w

David Spade's Hemi Daytona
    This is an incredibly rare, powerful and finished car, but what would I do with it? I couldn't drive it, couldn't tour it around the country for others to see, and can't even store it properly here at the house.

I visited Steve Juliano's collection a few years ago. Absolutely incredible, and I mean that very sincerely, it would astound any Mopar fan. Every car is a one-of-a-kind and restored impeccably or original. If you don't know about this collection, I suggest a search. At one point, he asked the small group of us 'If you could take one thing here home, what would it be?"

Mopars- uze Guys know who you are!! 082805_01

I 'selected' a cutaway display Hemi (the one in foreground), because while it was rare, it was not the only example available and it would fit inside my house. There were other even smaller articles inside a display case that were much more valuable and rare. But that engine was just so darn pretty! Possessing some of these cars and parts is more like a stewardship than simple ownership. It is a great responsibility and requires the ability to at least keep it intact, if not improve it and be able to share it with others.

There are great things out there and many rare and valuable items that remain to be 'discovered' and shared publicly. I enjoy the stories, but don't covet the items. I've got enough stuff to deal with on my own little plot of land!

Or in the immortal words of Harry Callahan, "A man's gotta know his limitations".

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 5:01 pm