VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

vans for purchase?

softesttouch
    softesttouch

Number of posts : 64
    Registration date : 2010-10-22

vans for purchase? Empty vans for purchase?

Post by softesttouch Sun May 03, 2015 7:00 pm

how often do reasonably intact and decently running 1st gen gmc/chevy's come up for sale? I am strictly a 1964-66 enthusiast and I may have found one to purchase. my urge to grab this one vs. wait for 'just the right one' will have a lot to do with availability. if they are as scarce as hen's teeth, I'd better grab it if it is reasonable. if they come up pretty routinely, I can maybe afford to pass on a few less-desirables. not looking for a major project, so please advise, and thank you.
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

vans for purchase? Empty Re: vans for purchase?

Post by Joe Van Sun May 03, 2015 7:43 pm

My advice is find one with a "Nice' body and grab it before some else does they do come up for sale but unless you see it in person pictures hide a lot and we all have different standards most sellers will tell you what you want to here to get the sale so mechanical stuff is bolt on paint and body work can get "Very Expensive" quick so unless you are a body and paint guy I would find one with the least amount of rust... Some times shipping fees from out West are way cheaper than repairing rust on a van from up North..!!!....Good Luck..!!!.. Smile .

Number of posts : 1422
    Registration date : 2009-12-02

Post by Magic Bus Sun May 03, 2015 8:06 pm

Montrose Co?  Your in heaven on earth, doesn't matter if you have a vintage van or not. Enjoy your stay.  If you find a rust free van and you live in Colorado. Your a lucky man!
    kookykrispy
    kookykrispy

Number of posts : 1533
    Registration date : 2009-05-22

Post by kookykrispy Tue May 05, 2015 9:28 am

1st gens with a straight body are rare. If you find one with a good body, buy it.
    AzDon
    AzDon

Number of posts : 742
    Registration date : 2014-01-20

Post by AzDon Wed May 06, 2015 5:53 pm

There are several here in AZ on CL right now! Two panels and 2 aquariums
    Also a pretty cool one on CL in Glenwood Springs..... Look in the g-vans for sale section on these forums....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:24 am