VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

Looking To Purchase Pre 70's Van's A-G-E's

Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

Looking To Purchase Pre 70's Van's  A-G-E's Empty Looking To Purchase Pre 70's Van's A-G-E's

Post by Joe Van Sat May 17, 2014 8:55 pm

Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8731
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Looking To Purchase Pre 70's Van's  A-G-E's Empty Re: Looking To Purchase Pre 70's Van's A-G-E's

Post by dix Sun May 18, 2014 3:19 am

now that is interesting, and the price goes up,

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Looking To Purchase Pre 70's Van's  A-G-E's Empty Re: Looking To Purchase Pre 70's Van's A-G-E's

Post by Digz Sun May 18, 2014 3:31 am

dix wrote:now that is interesting, and the price goes up,
    You're probably right as they all will most likely become parts . Not really sure what to think of that trend as I have seen what some of the guys have posted from the yards as being done with and seeing stuff still there that could have been cut off or stashed. If they continue to disappear from the road the only "part" not worth anything should be the rust.
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

Post by Joe Van Sun May 18, 2014 3:51 am

You Guys may be right But the way theses Early Vans have been selling like Crazy lately they may be restoring the good ones and reselling them..I see a LOT of Earlys selling on the same day its listed they have sparked a BIG interest lately..!!!..I have Been seeing More Vans at the Car Shows lately also ...We have a Big Local body shop Specializing in Restoring and having Parts for 61-67 Econo's listed in there Flier of course I called him and told them about VV .. cheers ..

Number of posts : 120
    Registration date : 2014-03-14

Post by RF Man Sun May 18, 2014 6:14 am

It's a sign of a new trend. It's one of the reasons I recently purchased my 2 Econoline pickups. I've been restoring old cars and trucks for years. (As a hobby not as a business). There's been a resurgence of interest in COE vehicles---both small and large. That's why the little pickups are starting to bring amazing money. The interesting part is, these vehicles become worth a lot more money as parts than as a whole. I used to mess with the early broncos. I'd buy everyone I could get my hands on---not to restore, but to part out. I could sell every nut, bolt, and piece off those things for way more than they were worth. I would literally drive them home and gut them. Sad, because I really hated doing that. Now that ship has sailed. You can hardly give bronco parts away. IMO, there's starting to be a renewed interest in these little vans and trucks. I've had a soft spot for them for a long time--now I finally have one. Unfortunately, for the people that love them for what they are, the prices will go up.
    Mike
    Donn
    Donn

Number of posts : 692
    Registration date : 2009-04-05

Post by Donn Sun May 18, 2014 5:49 pm

The post was pulled. What was the general idea?
    RF Man
    RF Man

Number of posts : 120
    Registration date : 2014-03-14

Post by RF Man Sun May 18, 2014 6:54 pm

That's weird--it has been pulled. My interpretation was some investor type was trying to buy up early vans and pickups---motivation unknown. My experience with Craigslist is they really don't police themselves very well. Ebay's not a lot better.
    Oh well ??????

Mike

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:18 pm