VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+2
scarlin
customsportsman
6 posters

Looking for econos, and ESPECIALLY Mercury vans

customsportsman
    customsportsman

Number of posts : 15
    Registration date : 2012-06-17

Looking for econos, and ESPECIALLY Mercury vans Empty Looking for econos, and ESPECIALLY Mercury vans

Post by customsportsman Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:43 pm

Hey Fellas,

I don't post much, but I lurk a lot.  I have a 64 A-100 Custom Sportsman and am a regular at Bakers.  I work at the Ford Research Center in Dearborn MI.  Every year, we have a HUGE car show in July.  I was asked if I knew of anybody who has ideally a Mercury van.  Vans are not represented much at this show other than mine.  
    Anyway, the director of this show is looking for some early Econos, and especially the Mercury vans.  Any of you near Dearborn MI?  Any of you want to represent in Dearborn?  Let me know, and I will pass your information on to the director of the show.  The show is on Friday, July 17th.

THanks,

Tim in New Baltimore, MI
    64 Customsportsman A-100
    scarlin
    scarlin

Number of posts : 258
    Registration date : 2012-01-25

Looking for econos, and ESPECIALLY Mercury vans Empty Re: Looking for econos, and ESPECIALLY Mercury vans

Post by scarlin Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:57 pm

Tim,
    I may be able to get there in a 67 EPup or a 66 Falcon. Why do you drive a Dodge? Where is the big show. I've been to Bakers several years now too.
    Sam SW mi
    Also 2 Caravans
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8731
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Looking for econos, and ESPECIALLY Mercury vans Empty Re: Looking for econos, and ESPECIALLY Mercury vans

Post by dix Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:31 am

the mercury van at bakers last year lives maybe a hour from there,
    but visits vanning.com but she does not get on this site.

Number of posts : 257
    Registration date : 2008-05-21

Post by virtual Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:41 am

I sent Deb a message, she has the 8 door Mercury that Dix mentioned. Is there a website for this show for further info ?
    stationbus
    stationbus

Number of posts : 26
    Registration date : 2010-11-23

Post by stationbus Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:39 pm

Hey I have one. It's a 61 Stationbus blue and white with 20,000 original miles. Could you provide a few more details for this show? I'm near Toronto Ontario, so it's a bit of a hike but very doable. thanks, Adam
    steelrat
    steelrat

Number of posts : 116
    Registration date : 2014-11-24

Post by steelrat Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:25 pm

I have 1965 Mecury Supervan
    customsportsman
    customsportsman

Post by customsportsman Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:07 am

Hang on fellas, More information hopefully coming in tonite. The short answer is that the show is Friday, July 17th, here in the homeland of Ford (Dearborn MI). The show is right here on the grounds of the R and E center. The show size is limited, so as soon as I hear from the coordinator, I will let you know. Generally, the show is for employees and retirees, but special cases are always welcome. Econos and Earlies are ALWAYS a special case.
    customsportsman
    customsportsman

Post by customsportsman Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:39 am

OK...I heard from the coordinator. He REALLY wants the econos if you guys can make it. Make a weekend of it, and visit Greenfield Village while you are here. Anyway, PM me if you are interested, and I will give you Dave's phone # and you can get registered.

Thanks,

Looking forward to seeing you,

Tim in new baltimore MI
    64 customsportsman

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:01 am