VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Did they make a ton more Econos than G vans or the A vans?

NipRing
    NipRing

Number of posts : 336
    Registration date : 2011-08-14

Did they make a ton more Econos than G vans or the A vans? Empty Did they make a ton more Econos than G vans or the A vans?

Post by NipRing Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:37 am

I just wonder because the number of ford vans/parts that are listed (usually by G-Man) for sale seem double that of G van/parts listings or quadruple A vans/parts.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Did they make a ton more Econos than G vans or the A vans? Empty Re: Did they make a ton more Econos than G vans or the A vans?

Post by G-Man Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:40 am

I would say yes just from the listings, think GM and Dodge were playing catch up and when they were Ford changed design in 68-74
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Did they make a ton more Econos than G vans or the A vans? Empty Re: Did they make a ton more Econos than G vans or the A vans?

Post by RodStRace Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:58 am

There is a post about total production numbers here somewhere. It should answer your question as far as factory numbers.
    Survivors over the years is a different question. I'd guess that all makes suffered similar loss over time, but have no facts to base that on.
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:02 am

ford started in 1961 !! all others in 1964 0n
    thats why we see many more fords than others! Ill also say in an obversavation here oner time it seems like they all appear in greater numbers on 1 paticular make always =like now we seem to see many more dodge vans that others - then maybe its the econos & then all of a sudden GM 's. Selling on ebay & craigs happens the same - seems to me at least?? affraid

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:00 am