VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

my two "new" Econos

my two "new" Econos Empty my two "new" Econos

Post by Guest Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:00 pm

I am going to buy a 67 eight Door Econo with a 240 and an auto trans that runs. It also has two more auto trannys in the back. Body is good just needs brakes. it won't have a heater but I don't care since that is generally the first thing I take out of my Econos. The guy I am buying it from also has a three window Econo pickup that I will be buying too. It is minus a motor and trans but body is in pretty good shape. I was told $400.00 apiece yesterday but today he said he will give me a better deal since I want both of them. He is holding them for me right now till I can go get them. About 800 miles from here. I have never had an Econo pickup but have always wanted one. I am kinda stoked right now. I'll post some pics when I get some.
    benwah
    benwah

Number of posts : 1135
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

my two "new" Econos Empty Re: my two "new" Econos

Post by benwah Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:58 am

Congrats on the score!
    mcfly
    mcfly

Number of posts : 626
    Registration date : 2008-11-10

Post by mcfly Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:29 am

Great news !!
    That is more like it ! What a difference a week makes

________
    mike
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:37 am

vanishingbreed wrote:I am going to buy a 67 eight Door Econo with a 240 and an auto trans that runs. It also has two more auto trannys in the back. Body is good just needs brakes. it won't have a heater but I don't care since that is generally the first thing I take out of my Econos. The guy I am buying it from also has a three window Econo pickup that I will be buying too. It is minus a motor and trans but body is in pretty good shape. I was told $400.00 apiece yesterday but today he said he will give me a better deal since I want both of them. He is holding them for me right now till I can go get them. About 800 miles from here. I have never had an Econo pickup but have always wanted one. I am kinda stoked right now. I'll post some pics when I get some.

What? Not buying the Supervan too......ha-ha. I know who yer talking bout. Welcome to the 67 8 door 9 inch auto club. I ve got one myself.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:56 am

EconoUSAparts wrote:
    vanishingbreed wrote:I am going to buy a 67 eight Door Econo with a 240 and an auto trans that runs. It also has two more auto trannys in the back. Body is good just needs brakes. it won't have a heater but I don't care since that is generally the first thing I take out of my Econos. The guy I am buying it from also has a three window Econo pickup that I will be buying too. It is minus a motor and trans but body is in pretty good shape. I was told $400.00 apiece yesterday but today he said he will give me a better deal since I want both of them. He is holding them for me right now till I can go get them. About 800 miles from here. I have never had an Econo pickup but have always wanted one. I am kinda stoked right now. I'll post some pics when I get some.

What? Not buying the Supervan too......ha-ha. I know who yer talking bout. Welcome to the 67 8 door 9 inch auto club. I ve got one myself.
    I couldn't ask for better company in any club Tim. This will be my second 8 door. The other one was a 64. I am really looking forwards to seeing what I can do with the pickup. Both of my adult son want me to give them the Econos but that isn't likely to happen. I have wanted a pickup for a very long time. I am thinking of a candy apple blue with some small metal flake for the pickup and possibly a pearl white on the van. I will probably put a 200 in the truck and rebuild the 240 in the van.
    lectricman
    lectricman

Number of posts : 339
    Registration date : 2010-04-07

Post by lectricman Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:14 pm

can't wait for the pics... the pick-ups are great!!!!
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:03 pm

Wow Mike,thanks for the compliment. Oddly enuf,my 67 8 door and Ken Hopcrafts 67 8 door were both ordered by the same company in Texas. Woudnt it be a hoot if yours was too? Both of ours are wimbledon white.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:31 pm

EconoUSAparts wrote:Wow Mike,thanks for the compliment. Oddly enuf,my 67 8 door and Ken Hopcrafts 67 8 door were both ordered by the same company in Texas. Woudnt it be a hoot if yours was too? Both of ours are wimbledon white.
    Yep that would be a hoot. I think I will paint mine that creamy pearl white that was on the first Escalades. I went down today to see how much the paint would be and it is just under $700.00. I want to have a light brown tweed and possibly leather interior. Just the seats would be leather. A darker brown carpet and one of Dennis's mirror polished stainless steel dash covers . I want to keep the 13" rims but have them powdered to match the paint job and put some wide whitewall tires on it and possibly bag it. But first everything will be stripped and the bed will get shot with gator bed liner as will the under carriage and interior floors and walls and roof. It has no motor but I will get a rebuilt 200ci and an auto tranny with B7M shifter for it as well as a decent stereo and all new rubber, new jet hot coated headers and dual exhaust going out the rear, power door locks etc. here are some pics of it that were sent to me.

my two "new" Econos Tn_310

my two "new" Econos Tn_510

my two "new" Econos Tn_610

my two "new" Econos Tn_810

my two "new" Econos Tn710

my two "new" Econos Tn_212

my two "new" Econos Tn11

G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:44 pm

thanks for the pictures!!!! Look forward to seeing what you do to them
    mcfly
    mcfly

Number of posts : 626
    Registration date : 2008-11-10

Post by mcfly Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:06 pm

Damn Mike,
    $400 looks like a steal !
    It amazes me how you can always put these earlies together in your minds eye so fast. I have been at mine a 1 1/2 years and still trying to figure it out.Though a recently acquired 5.0.H.O. with an AOD and a talk with Vic (old Skool) has me pointed in a new direction.
    I look forward to seeing them during and after they are done.

Funny Story. Last sat. I was out with the van and I got to talking with a guy about the van and my plans for it. He tells me I should turn it into a mobile Gyno Clinic. I laughed my ass off.
    Do you have an relatives on Long Island ?

_________
    mike
    lectricman
    lectricman

Number of posts : 339
    Registration date : 2010-04-07

Post by lectricman Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:34 pm

I gave 500 for mine it is a whole lot worse... it looks like a great place to start.... nice, very nice

Post by Guest Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:51 pm

mcfly wrote:Damn Mike,
    $400 looks like a steal !
    It amazes me how you can always put these earlies together in your minds eye so fast. I have been at mine a 1 1/2 years and still trying to figure it out.Though a recently acquired 5.0.H.O. with an AOD and a talk with Vic (old Skool) has me pointed in a new direction.
    I look forward to seeing them during and after they are done.

Funny Story. Last sat. I was out with the van and I got to talking with a guy about the van and my plans for it. He tells me I should turn it into a mobile Gyno Clinic. I laughed my ass off.
    Do you have an relatives on Long Island ?
    Whoever told you to turn yours into a Gyno clinic must have seen mine back in the seventies. I had one with an exam bed complete with stirrups and a stainless steel Medicine cabinet with jars of "reds" "whites" "Black beauties"," LSD", "Mescaline,", peyote, hash and weed along with various types of "alcohol". I had a doctors prescription pad that I would write such prescriptions as "Dr. Cooks Hot Beef Injection twice daily" for sexual bliss. The women loved that van.
    As far as I know I have no family in New York, they are mostly from the south and California.
    I have the 8 door pretty much planned out already too but the pickup will come first. Don't want to let all my secrets out at once,lol.
    Speaking of Vic I talked to him today and I am going to buy a 65 Econoline auto trans from him and have it rebuilt for my 65. Will be going up to his house in a couple of weeks. I am sending some vinyl to Fred Carello in New York to have him make me a white bra for the 65 and when I get it I want to have a Route 66 sign embroidered on it in royal Blue.
    Dennis Ferris will be sending me my new dash cover tomorrow or Saturday along with some other goodies.
    Now I need to find a good no door to complete my little collection. I have never had one.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:26 pm