VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Are they worth trying to save?

Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Are they worth trying to save? Empty Are they worth trying to save?

Post by Digz Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:10 pm

I got under the gray van I got from gotavan yesturday to check out the flex plate, and yes its loose at the crank so Dan was right in that diagnosis. (Its broke) In the process of removing things I will not be needing at least 1 of the shifter rods and clutch rod, are these worth trying to save?, I cant figure out a way to get them out in one piece, especially the shifter linkage. ( I still think they built these vans around that stuff). I also need to come up with names for these rigs , The wife is kinda taking a shine to the gray one and even bought a peace sign to hang from the mirror, first accessory I guess. I have a sneaking feeling it might have to be road worthy before "mine" is. flower
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Are they worth trying to save? Empty Re: Are they worth trying to save?

Post by G-Man Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:32 pm

I have seen that van and I think it's savable and from what I have seen from you I think you can handle the job. I will tell you this if you what to finish one of them you have to pick one and just work on that one first. We all never have enough time and take on too much. Focusing on one at a time will get the second one done quicker also. Have seen a lot of muilt projects never get finished.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:51 pm

If you take the shifter rod bracket off, those rods can slide out ,,,,one might even come out through the grille,,,,,

Are they worth trying to save? Repair20
    Digz
    Digz

Post by Digz Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:21 am

Yeah G this van is VERY save-able there isn't a rust hole through anything underneath it. It would take only a small effort to get it goin' once the flex plate is replaced Im thinking. It just needs a "Shine". Smile
    Any way back to the extra parts, okay Don I will try that, I did get the one rod started out the grill but ran out of room to get a twist going on it, The clips /bushings/and tranny ends I can see a need for, just never heard anybody wanting the whole linkage rod.( I already have 2 from the other van and a clutch rod and throttle linkage)
    Are they worth trying to save? Xtras10
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:24 am

Digz, I shot you an email of my linkage with the PG setup pics.May be hard to tell which is what one,especially dirty rods against dirty body.My stuff ain't all clean and shiney.lol Hope it helps.
    Digz
    Digz

Post by Digz Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:20 pm

Thanks ,, they came thru great, sorta like I was hoping to, GM didnt get to creative and used what they already had for the most part.
    Are they worth trying to save? Link210
    Hey that looks pretty clean to me under there ! I'll get some pics of a greaseball tomorrow , Wink That looks like a good solid van from underneath Moe.
    Digz
    Digz

Post by Digz Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:43 pm

Got the shifter rod out today, and yes it came through the grill with a minimal tweaking. They have the shift arm on the tranny bent up and around, Whats it sposed to look like? and is that short arm a kickdown? they have it wired back right now, Did the vans have a kickdown?
    Are they worth trying to save? Pwrgld10
    takin the clutch stuff out too.Are they worth trying to save? Clth10

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:14 am