VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Wire welders

cali2chitown
    cali2chitown

Number of posts : 188
    Registration date : 2014-03-14

Wire welders Empty Wire welders

Post by cali2chitown Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:17 pm

I have a Lincoln weld pak 100HD (yes the home depot one but it was free) and was wondering if there is any flux cored wire smaller than the .035 it comes with. Do I have to change the tip and sleeve if I go to the smaller wire?
    The reason i'm asking is the bed of my truck has some holes in it from where someone has drilled into it to mount something many years ago. Is the .035 flux cored good enough for this or do I need to go smaller?
    slowrider
    slowrider

Number of posts : 111
    Registration date : 2011-07-15

Wire welders Empty Re: Wire welders

Post by slowrider Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:25 pm

Im not sure on the lincoln but if you look at the feed roll and it has 2 diferent grooves then it should take 2 diferent spool sizes.My hobart is .035 and .023 You turn the feer roll over for the other side.Yes you do need to change to a smaller tip for smaller wire.The nozzle doesnt need changeing
    cali2chitown
    cali2chitown

Number of posts : 188
    Registration date : 2014-03-14

Post by cali2chitown Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:59 pm

Do they make flux core in that small of size? All I see on the miller manual is .030
    slowrider
    slowrider

Number of posts : 111
    Registration date : 2011-07-15

Post by slowrider Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:07 pm

Hopfully some one with more knowlege will chime in as im not sure.Iswitched to .023 solid core with a gas tri mix for body repair.This may help you.http://www.lincolnelectric.com/assets/servicenavigator-public/LINCOLN3/im546.pdf

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:25 pm