VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+2
dix
Donn
6 posters

Got beat on a part from a member here

Donn
    Donn

Number of posts : 692
    Registration date : 2009-04-05

Got beat on a part from a member here Empty Got beat on a part from a member here

Post by Donn Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:30 pm

A few months ago I bought a steering box from a member here which he told me was rebuilt. I rented shop space last week to do some work to the pickup on a lift and put the box in. The box I got from him was worse then my old one! It was not much $ I think $75 with shipping but I don't like to get beat regardless. I went to the ( E parts for sale) section trying to find his add but it was prior to the last post on there and that section does not have prior pages to go to. Was wondering if anyone knows how to get to the older posts? Thx Donn
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8731
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Got beat on a part from a member here Empty Re: Got beat on a part from a member here

Post by dix Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:59 pm

I do not , but i'm thinking did you try looking thru your post ??? and did you try contacting him thru a pm. just trying to help. I'm sure cris will be reading this... maybe some insite there..

Got beat on a part from a member here Empty Re: Got beat on a part from a member here

Post by Donn Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:01 am

Dix,

Yeah it's kind of strange, I checked all my old messages, nothing. Only thing I can think is I deleted the messages. Can't find anything in my PayPal either. Like I said it's not that big of a deal. Would have liked to addressed it but it's not worth getting to crazy over it, I guess buyer beware.
    kookykrispy
    kookykrispy

Number of posts : 1533
    Registration date : 2009-05-22

Post by kookykrispy Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:35 am

So did you contact the seller regarding this yet?
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8731
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:34 am

Donn keep this post updated, If he replys or blows you off, I understand where you are coming from, But the last thing you or any one else here wants is this to continue happening,

Number of posts : 1533
    Registration date : 2009-05-22

Post by kookykrispy Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:48 am

The thing to do is direct contact with the seller first, and try to remedy the situation. Most problems can be worked out directly.
    Donn
    Donn

Post by Donn Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:06 pm

kookykrispy wrote:The thing to do is direct contact with the seller first, and try to remedy the situation.  Most problems can be worked out directly.
    I think your miss understanding my post, I can't find him.
    I don't think he was one of the older members, pretty sure he was a newbe
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

Post by Joe Van Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:32 am

Donn See if Chebby can locate the PM or any other info then give ME his name, address, phone number, or location and I will straighten it out and get your Money back...What was the name on the money order or where did you send the payment.??. Very Happy....JOE VAN..

Last edited by JOE VAN on Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:00 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Attitude Adjustment...Sorry Guys.!!!.)
    Donn
    Donn

Post by Donn Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:24 am

Joe,

I am pretty sure I paid him via PayPal. I am still searching my PayPal account. My wife has a business that she has numerous PayPal transactions so it is taking a while. I think I spoke with him via text, then erased the text as I had the box a few months before I put it in.
    Thanks for your offer.
    Wheelie
    Wheelie

Number of posts : 322
    Registration date : 2013-02-22

Post by Wheelie Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:35 am

May be a dumb suggestion but these boxes have preload adjusting screws on them. Have you tried adjusting the box? Im assuming that there is a lot of free play in the wheel and adjusting that can take a lot of that slop out of the sector isn't worn too bad.
    threequartersleeve
    threequartersleeve

Number of posts : 66
    Registration date : 2013-01-01

Post by threequartersleeve Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:13 am

Rolling Eyes The timing really couldn't be worse here for my steering box posting (which, coughcough...is still available) but the last thing I need is an entire message board after me! I've got one, NOT rebuilt- repeat- Not rebuilt, everybody....original- put the flaming torches down!!!  Smile
    Donn
    Donn

Post by Donn Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:21 pm

threequartersleeve wrote:Rolling Eyes The timing really couldn't be worse here for my steering box posting (which, coughcough...is still available) but the last thing I need is an entire message board after me! I've got one, NOT rebuilt- repeat- Not rebuilt, everybody....original- put the flaming torches down!!!  Smile
    No it's not like that at all..if advertised honestly your never going to have a problem.
    This guy made a point of saying it was rebuilt. Looking back I am at fault for not checking it prior to putting it in and taking him at his word.
    And yes I did use the adjusting bolt.
    I have bought plenty of parts from other members Tim, Vic, Fred and NEVER had a problem before.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 10:30 pm