VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+3
scarlin
G-Man
70worm
7 posters

Trade 71 vw cont for 69 or older g-van

70worm
    70worm

Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2013-12-05

Trade 71 vw cont for 69 or older g-van Empty Trade 71 vw cont for 69 or older g-van

Post by 70worm Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:48 am

Hope I'm in the right forum.(Sorry if I'm not)

I have a 71 VW I would like to trade for a 69 or older G van. I live in Pendleton Indiana.

1971 VW VolksWagen Super Beetle Convertible Karman Edition. Runs and drives but not a daily driver yet. Needs engine overhauled. New plugs, wires, cap, rotor, belt, altenator & distributor. I have all the trim & original glass widow for the top. Steering alittle loose,some new brake lines but still has leak, has convertible frame but no cloth top. I drive it around the block every couple of weeks.

Thanks.

Very Happy 
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Trade 71 vw cont for 69 or older g-van Empty Re: Trade 71 vw cont for 69 or older g-van

Post by G-Man Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:00 am

Welcome to VV!!! we have some VW fans here and maybe someone has what your looking for
    70worm
    70worm

Trade 71 vw cont for 69 or older g-van Empty Re: Trade 71 vw cont for 69 or older g-van

Post by 70worm Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:10 pm

Thanks. I love my bug, but I want something my dog can run around in. Im a Scooby Doo kinda guy.
    scarlin
    scarlin

Number of posts : 258
    Registration date : 2012-01-25

Post by scarlin Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:26 pm

Welcome to VV, Sorry you need to get rid of the Beetle. I have a 74 Beetle and a Bradly kit car on a beetle chassis. BUT also have a 66 Falcon Van and 67 Econo PU.
    freakNeck
    freakNeck

Number of posts : 69
    Registration date : 2009-07-19

Post by freakNeck Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:09 am

70worm wrote:Im a Scooby Doo kinda guy.
    I can't offer you a trade, but, if you do finally get an early van, please...please..please don't paint it like a "Mystery Machine" clone.

It's only my opinion, but that is "super-duper-ultra-lame-cheesy".

Sure, sometimes "cheesy" is OK....but not in this case.
    70worm
    70worm

Post by 70worm Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:44 pm

I plan on painting it solid Mystery Machine Blue.
    freakNeck
    freakNeck

Number of posts : 69

Post by freakNeck Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:22 pm

Well that's just a color then.  Smile

I didn't mean any offense really......here's my take on it. You have two kinds of motorheads. One kind like to have everything original OEM....you just gotta have that 'original' side view mirror, or the 'original' hubcaps.

The other kind of motorhead couldn't care less about OEM and wants to build his vehicle the way he wants to build it.

I subscribe to the latter way of thinking. I had a small-block Chevy postal jeep (steering whell on the wrong side and all) for a while...a '76 Chevette on a CJ7 frame...even this sweeeet '79 Lincoln that was too long to fit in the garage I had at the time!!!!

At this time, I'm planning to go all modern on my '65 Early, with PS, PB, PW, PL, CC....even the whole "dinger" thing, like when you leave the headlights on and open the door, and other funcitns liek that too. It's all pretty "do-able". I'm an electronics guy with I/O microprocessor design and programming, so it's all just a matter of getting to it. I know there's aftermarket kits for PW/PB/PL that can be adapted, but the CC I think I can do strictly with OEM parts.

Right now. It's all body work. (Yuk.)

But to close, I just think making a 'clone' of nearly anything isn't the way to go.....unless of course, it's the Batmobile, with ALL working extras. (But, it has to be the original TV Batmobile, not a movie one.)

EDIT - And by the way, I'd just like to remind you, my opinion has no value.
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Post by econopoor Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:55 pm

Nothing wrong with painting it Mystery Machine blue if that's your choice. I don't understand people that think everything in this world should be built to their standards. It's a big world. There is room for everyone.

Duane in Tennessee.
    70worm
    70worm

Post by 70worm Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:09 am

Trade 71 vw cont for 69 or older g-van Cam00011

Funny you should mention it, I saw a batmobile a couple of sundays ago.
    RipVanArkie
    RipVanArkie

Number of posts : 987
    Registration date : 2008-05-13

Post by RipVanArkie Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:57 am

Im sure there are more General Lee clones out there than there are Mystery Machines. Keep one thing in mind, the Mystery Machine had a hood and a sliding side door, wasnt an early van at all and broke down too often to be a Chevy.

Lol!

2013 MidSouth Econoline Meet
    Host of the MidSouth Econoline Meet, Petit Jean State Park, AR
    1967 Econoline Pickup
    1966 Econoline Supervan
    1967 Econoline 8-door regular van
    1965 ChevyVan, Cargo, 250/3speed

1964 Econoline 8-door Window Van, 4spd
    1966 Falcon SuperVan, Automatic
    70worm
    70worm

Post by 70worm Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:39 am

Your right, I've never owned a straight 6 that broke down once every 3 episodes. LOL
    I have a Jeep with a straight 6 and in 9 years of punishment, abuse, and daily driving the engine has only broke once. (Distributor). I also had 2 cameros that never broke down, one slant one straight up.
    ChevyVanMan1

Number of posts : 425

Post by ChevyVanMan1 Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:52 am

Actually, from what I'm told Hollywood used an early, flattie in the non animated movie. One with humans and such. Don't know how they did the talking dog part.

Still like the TV version batmobile--I think from a Pontiac Tempest or similar. Of course the original Pontiac coupe, with the OHC straight 6 was one of the cars I always wanted but never got.

Good luck with the trading?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:33 am