VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

First Gen wiper motor source ??

65-G10-guy
    65-G10-guy

Number of posts : 110
    Registration date : 2012-11-16

First Gen wiper motor source ?? Empty First Gen wiper motor source ??

Post by 65-G10-guy Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:55 pm

I may be overlooking it but I will ask anyway, I need a new or rebuilt wiper motor for my 65.  Is it the same as anything else? Is there a multi speed version?  Any leads appreciated Thanks Jerry
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

First Gen wiper motor source ?? Empty Re: First Gen wiper motor source ??

Post by donivan65 Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:40 am

I think the SportVans might have 2 speed motors,,,,,,,I put a wiper delay switch in mine so I can slow down my 1 fast speed in case it ever rains down here,,,,,,,
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:28 am

likely some of the restow parts sellers on trucks will have same. aftremarket wiper motors for the older cars ??
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

Post by Joe Van Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:48 am

I called our Where House this morning and they said they are available at.................. Car Quest Auto Parts. There are 2 different ones they are both 2 speed motors... IF you have the three terminal one the part# is 40-154 it is $134.48 lifetime warr.... IF it has 4 terminals it is part# 40-155 it is $150.39 also with a lifetime warr..A bit pricey but it will end your search and you will never have to pay for another one for your Van again.!!!.They have quite a few parts for our Vans..... Wheel cylinders,brake hoses,master cylinders,bearings,signal switch,blower motor resistors,voltage regulators,blower motors,dash bulbs, switches,Smile ..
    65-G10-guy
    65-G10-guy

Number of posts : 110
    Registration date : 2012-11-16

Post by 65-G10-guy Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:44 pm

Hey Guys, Thank you much for the input.  I am taking out a single speed. I would like to install the 2 speed replacement. I am guessing that the only difference is the extra wire and a two speed switch to match. Anybody know if I will encounter any other obstacles?   Thanks Jerry
    ChevyVanMan1

Number of posts : 425
    Registration date : 2009-07-19

Post by ChevyVanMan1 Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:17 am

Tho I rebuilt mine--just cleaning and new grease I have yet to install the wiper blades. Just clean and coat my windshield with Rain X. Of course, I only drive about once a week on Sunday's but so far so good. Actually, because the Rain X works so well my only real concern is the cops.

The main thing is Rain X AND wipers don't mix. Takes some getting used to tho. Also, I use Fog-X on the inside as my defroster is a goner too. Not recommending just saying it's been working for me. And I'm not a spokeperson for those products.
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by Joe Van Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:18 am

Rain X is the BEST Product for either problem.!!!. I have used it for years but the alcohol in it will dry out the rubber on your wiper blades and ruin them in a short amount of time......SO if you use rain X don't use your wipers. Smile ....
    ChevyVanMan1

Number of posts : 425
    Registration date : 2009-07-19

Post by ChevyVanMan1 Thu May 08, 2014 10:06 am

RainX is great. I haven't even installed my wiper arms in the 3 years since I put in a rebuilt motor to avoid the temptation of ruining my wiper blades. Have to keep it applied in tiny circles with soft cloth tho. Also, it takes a little rain to start sheeting off so the first few minutes of rain is unnerving.

Glad to hear CarQuest has so many of our parts. I stopped going there because the prices are crazy high and they won't give me "extensions" unless I have an account per an Occupational License. However, $150 for a new, 2 speed, harnessed motor doesn't seem too bad. Car Quest tried to charge me $26 for a standard v-belt for my Mercedes that turned out to be $6 for the same maker at a big box store. I really don't mind paying twice as muc for convenience but almost 5X as much is just insulting.
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by Joe Van Fri May 09, 2014 5:26 am

Advanced Auto Parts (Discount Auto) just Bought Out Carquest now they are sending us all There Crappy Parts ...LOOK's like I may start Dealing with Napa from now on..!!!..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:05 pm