VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Quick question on the wiper motor

Quick question on the wiper motor Empty Quick question on the wiper motor

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:54 pm

I hope this doesnt seem like a silly question. I know I could probably figure it out with enough back and forth trips to the nuts and bolts section of the autoparts store but I thought someone might be able to save me the trouble. Does anyone know what kind of screws I need to put a wiper motor into my 69? I guess I also need the nut that holds the arms on the end of the motors shaft if someone can help me out with that too.

My van came with a motor that wasnt installed when I bought it. Up until now I havent worried about putting it in because I always had a second vehicle, but now its become my main one for probably the summer and I will need the wiper motor in it if Im going to drive in the rain.

Quick question on the wiper motor Empty Re: Quick question on the wiper motor

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:12 am

I got it put in but I saw some pictures in a different post that made me think I put it in upside down.

Quick question on the wiper motor Wiper_11

Thats looking straight forward from the drivers seat. Is it upside down? Does it matter? The wipers work so I wouldn't think so...
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:07 am

What make van is this going into=??

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:53 am

69 Chevy
    VANagain
    VANagain

Number of posts : 1046
    Registration date : 2008-05-16

Post by VANagain Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:55 am

I just removed mine in my 1st Gen and the washer pump was on the top. The hose connections aimed to the left, so I would say yours is upside down (assuming 2nd Gens aren't different).
    Scott
    Scott

Number of posts : 1651
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by Scott Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:24 pm

I'm working on mine now, in my 68, and it looks right to me. The hose connections are supposed to be on the right, and the yellow wires plug in on the left too, so it looks good.

My problem is that the pump isn't coming on, tomorrow I'll make sure its getting power when I hit the button.

Post by Guest Mon May 02, 2011 12:04 pm

Mine wasn't coming on either. My problem ended up being the wiper switch. I got a new one from classic industries. Part# 1993432 if you need it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:43 pm