VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

Wiper 2-speed motor wiring

VANagain
    VANagain

Number of posts : 1046
    Registration date : 2008-05-16

Wiper 2-speed motor wiring  Empty Wiper 2-speed motor wiring

Post by VANagain Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:16 pm

I can't remember how to run the wires! Been too long since I took it all apart!

The wiring diagram in the G10 service manual only shows a motor with only two terminals. A 1-speed motor with only two terminals (no washer). My motor has 4 terminals on the wiper motor. There are three terminals with one more a bit away from them to the left.

The manual shows a light blue wire going from the switch to the motor. That motor terminal is a double, with a yellow wire going to the fusebox. I did mark the wires that go to the wiper motor. I have that double light blue & yellow connector. But I have two more single connectors, one black, one yellow. The yellow one is real short and goes to another double connector that I'm sure goes to the washer unit. I assume the yellow one would go on that terminal that is by itself, but what order do the other three go on those three terminals?

My switch is a 2-speed with washer button, 3 terminals on the back of the switch. I think I have the switch right. one single connector light blue plugs into a terminal spaced a bit away from the other two terminals. That light blue wire definitely goes to the double terminal on the motor. The switches other two terminals are at a right angle to each other. I put a double connector onto those that has a dark blue and a black wire.  

Thanks!
    VANagain
    VANagain

Number of posts : 1046
    Registration date : 2008-05-16

Wiper 2-speed motor wiring  Empty Re: Wiper 2-speed motor wiring

Post by VANagain Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:18 am

Got it figured out, with Don's help over the phone. He referred to a 2nd Gen wiring diagram  that wasn't quite the same but provided clues.

From left to right it goes: black, light blue, yellow, yellow. (The two terminals on the right are tied together on the motor. The two yellows go there, to power the motor and the washer pump.)  The black is for the high speed, and the whole system didn't work right until that one was plugged in.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:10 am